Good Citizen

Default My BLINDER is BROKEN!! HELP!

Here's the situation. I put the LED units in the front as stated, wired it through the firewall, plugged it into the console jack #1 and #2.

Now, I plugged the white fuse wire into it that splits into RED/BLUE/BLACK. I grounded the black with the car chasis, screw the blue one, and I plug the red into the switch. Switch is ON. Plug the extension RED into the switch, and plug it into my cigarette lighter 12V plug on the back behind it.

The LED on the CONSOLE doesn't turn on where the ALARM is... WTF is wrong?! I tried reversing the switch plugs, but still no game!!!! HELP!!!!

AHHHHHHH.....

I don't know how to check the power with the battery/fuse... I'm a noob with cars really... help me THX~!

Lead Foot

No offence, but if you are a NOOB with cars, why the HELL did you try and install it yourself? I know cars fairly well and I still stay away from installing stuff myself.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    No offence, but if you are a NOOB with cars, why the HELL did you try and install it yourself? I know cars fairly well and I still stay away from installing stuff myself.
    I went to some local installation shops and they were $150-200 each. It isn't that hard to install either, it's just not powering on. I know how to wire and stuff. I installed my own headunit, but this just isn't working

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Cow
    I went to some local installation shops and they were $150-200 each. It isn't that hard to install either, it's just not powering on. I know how to wire and stuff. I installed my own headunit, but this just isn't working
    Try calling Blinder Directly. They will treat you good

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Cow
    Try calling Blinder Directly. They will treat you good
    I figured it out. The cigarette lighter wasn't powering the unit completely so it wouldnt' turn on. I tapped the battery with the unit and it worked. Weird ain't it... Now, what do I do in terms of finding a 12V Power wire to clamp it onto?

What kind of car do you have? I would google something like "$mycar hardwire" and find some forum post somewhere with instructions, since you're probably not the first one to try such a thing.

Alternatively, many people find it convenient to tap directly off the fuse box. You can get "fuse taps" at any car parts store, and they provide a quick and safe way to get a power lead from any circuit in your car from a central location (your fuse box). Experiment to find one that suits your needs (i.e. always has power when the ignition is on).

Good luck!

Banned

U DONT HAVE IT GROUNDED U THINK U DO TRY SOME WHERE ELSE SORRY FOR THE CAPS