Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

May 11, 2005........

Tonight at 9:30PM (totally pitch dark), I had my 1st laser experience ever driving down 895 south about 3 miles before the harbor tunnel. doing 75 in a 50 all of a sudden my X50 started going nuts "LASER"........ and I look down and my blinder light is red. Both going off, I hit the breaks to get down to the speed limit and a couple seconds later I could see way down the road there the reflections of a car sitting in the middle of the road. I was the only vehicle traveling down the road at the time, so I knew I was the only target. Upon further inspection I see 2 cars now, assuming ones the chase car and the one closest to me is the guy inside shooting laser. I was so nervous and excited at the same time that I forgot to turn my blinder off. The whole stretch my blinder and my X50 were going off so I could only assume he was getting a jam to the gun the whole way through!!! I also do have Veil on my headlights so that probably also played a great role in him not getting a speed reading on me! All in all, I am very impressed at the work of the Blinder + Veil and my X50 at warning me at about 1/2 mile away!!!

-L33T_Hacksta

Scratonicity Groupie

Story I

I was on my way to wash my car in the morning before it gets hot outside. My theory has always been to air dry your car. Well lets just say the EVO is very good at air drying. I was in excess of 2 to 3 times the speedlimit on an old country road with no one within miles I thought and the V1 alerts laser and the blinder starts screaming at me. Thank god for the brembo's I was down to the limit in about a second or a tad more. that part is blurry.

Sure enough a bike cop is parked under an overpass with his bike totally out of view hiding in the shade.

So I did what any good citizen would do who's window tint is not legal roll them suckers down and give a nice friendly wave as I passed by Smile

thank you veil for the long range & blinder for the sweet JTG on the pro laser III!

Story II

This morning I was coming home from Dover Air Force base and was running with in a few miles of the speed limit. My V1 alerts to laser so I do a quick speed check. Drop it down to 2 under the limit and bam the Blinder & V1 in unison start screaming at me. The best part they continued to scream until I passed another Dover cop parked off to the side of the road picking off military members getting off work!

Story III - Neck Break!

It was the first day the Blinder M-20 was installed on my EVO and I was dying to see it in action. Sure enough I find the local cops right off Dover Air Force Base, and drop it into 2nd gear so they could hear me coming. At about 1000FT I get my first alert from the Blinder and it continues to scream until after I had passed the cop. It is then that I look back in my rear view mirror watching the bike cop look puzzled at his Pro Laser III shaking it to see if it was broken! He then proceeded to pack up the ProLaser III hop on his bike and head off to some where else!

thanks for a great product Blinderdude!

Manufacturer

The new site is coming page by page.
    I worked on it some on wed. (home page)
    I am dealing with some other junk (ha ha).
    I am also adding an install page for my dealers, it should help with placement and also bring installs to different dealers.
    Keep this stuff coming it's great.
    Let your installers know about the installer page.
    They can see their install up in lights.
    Thanks.

Scratonicity Groupie

I'm dropping by sound of tri-state in dover,de on tuesday. if you would like I can give them the link! they have installed 3 blinder m-20's for me and always do a great job!

Manufacturer

I am working on the site www.blinderxtreme.com the installer page is about two weeks out.
    Let me know if they have any pictures of their installs.
    Thanks.

Newcomer

Default Same Leo, twice in 15 mins! He was Very confused!!!LOL

Guys, this was a great one.
    Live in South Africa. Had the M40 for about 2 weeks and could not find any traps. Today im cruizin about 88mph in a 60mph zone and WOW, out the blue comes this screechin. I realize it's the Blinder doing it's thing. I cant see the Leo anywhere. I slow down and switch off so he can read me. I pass him (he was about 1500ft away when he first painted me) and he is just staring at me, as I was the only car on the road and he could not beleive he got no reading with the huge SUV. Anyways, 5 mins later I swing a U turn, cause I wanna get him, but when I get back there he is gone. Bummer, so I swing another U and head back in my original direction. Can you beleive it, 10 mins later round a bend once again at about 90 and Bzzzzzzz I have got him again (same Leo) This time when I pass by at 60, with the Blinder off he is real confused. Just staring at my truck and having a good look at his Pro Laser III. Gee I laughed.
    Thanks a lot Blinder. Made my day (and year)
    Percy-Zn

Newcomer

hi,

my story...

will not write much..

let the video speak.

yesterday.
    doing 80 in a 50kmh limit zone,
    marked at about 600m.
    two times passed by the cops.
    without braking or shutting it off.

M20 X-treme Blinder, illegal in our state.
    Croatia/Europe

Click here to see Video

Default my story, not good! and a warning for people

I bought an M40 X-treme Blinder took a couple three hours to install it. Had it set up and running. was driving on the MA Pike at exit 6, there was some contruction. MSP was on the detail and had RADAR active the whole time, some of the signs were running RADAR too (the boxes are built in to slow people down).

So I pass the construction, and about a mile down the road my Blinder goes off. Then it stops, then goes off again, then it stops, then goes off again...it does it for about 6 times....then I see the statie up the road in a grove of trees...I'm doing the speed limit and he lights me up like 4 more times as I pass....then he pulls out on me. he pulls me over and tells me I am speeding.
    He then tells me to get out of the car and says that he wants to search the car. I tell him no way. He then makes me stand to the side of the road back by his car, and turns his LIDAR unt on and has it pointing at my car. He looks and me and says watch this. When he turns on his lidar unit my blinder goes off. He can't get a lock...so he then says to me, you are running active jamming which is against the law and reads me my rights, cuffs me and puts me in the back seat. While I'm sitting in the car he calls in for a supervisor to see if he needs a warrant or if what he has doen was enough to establish probable cause. Supervisor says wait for a warrant and a technical traffic team. To make a long story shorter, 3 hours later they searched and impounded my car, I was hit for speeding, arrested for improper use and possession of an "energy device" and still do not have my car.
    $540 for the blinder and about $6000 in legal fees so far, no car, and am looking at up to 2.5 years in jail if convicted.

Old Timer

I thought that laser jammers were *legal* in MA ?

I'd more think that they would try to get you for something akin to "obstruction of duty."

If they were they are not now but they said something about and energy device. Maybe a differnt part of the law?

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX
    I thought that laser jammers were *legal* in MA ?

I'd more think that they would try to get you for something akin to "obstruction of duty."