Good Citizen

Default Chrysler 300C aftermarket stainless grille

My brother-in-law just bought a black 300C with a stainless steel aftermarket grille. The grille has the diamond weave that looks like a Bentley's and it is huge. Will spraying a clear flat/matte clearcoat on it help diffuse laser or is he pretty much SOL with it being so shiny? I was wondering if powder coating the grille black would work. He will Veil his headlights and I read in another thread someone veiled their chrome grille, but does that work? Will Blinder work behind this type of tightly woven metal? If so, which model would work? Thanks

Manufacturer

I personally love that look of the 300.

What you may want to try is to illuminate the front of his vehicle with a flashlight at a distance that the beam will cover the entire front of the vehicle.

Notice how reflective in appearance the grill looks. It can be surprising, some complex grill structures can be quite stealth.

Your eyes will tell us what we need to know.

Based upon what you find, we can discuss appropriate corrective actions.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Thanks for the quick reply. The grille is exactly the same as this one:
    http://www.american-truck-auto.com/Assets/300C_mesh_bumper_grilles_75471(2).gif
    but has not yet arrived. We did go to the dealer that had one installed on a white 300c last night to try your flashlight suggestion. From directly straight on, the wide "trim" reflects alot. The weave is actually brighter in person, and has a slight bend/bow in the middle but still reflected the light for at least 40% of the total surface, especially in the middle. From off axis to either side, only the trim side facing reflected a lot while the mesh on that side reflected only about 20% of the surface. He did not order the mesh for the openings next to the fog lights or the chrome trim under the headlights.