Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scratonicity Groupie

Default Stop. Relax. Breath. Calm down about LA Stealth

Guys after reading some posts this morning I'm concerned and I think everyone needs to just chill out. Stop the threats of lawyers, BBB, the Mafia and just relax. If you get lawyers involved you will be taking away from the development of Blinder and in the long run hurt yourself the consumer.

There is no need to get the BBB involved has anyone here received a broken unit that didn’t work at all? A unit that was missing components i.e. brackets / wiring? Has anyone had a unit that malfunctioned and stopped working other than it was your fault? If you have and Leon or Roy has not helped you speak up I want to hear it. But who are we to throw stones at someone who goes out of his way and is the only person other than Veil Guy to come on this forum and stand behind his product! I know Antilaser visits occasionally but I'm not going to count them, they don’t meet the criteria that I have explained above.

This is a crappy situation and I'll be the first to admit YES we where lied to. YES we where mislead. And if you are going to be the REP for a company and you say something please do your research and testing before making those really high claims!

I've said it before Chris has done a great job of uncovering the truth and my hats off to him 100% But Chris I just ask now that we start looking for solutions and ideas other than demanding satisfaction this instant.

So here's what I’m thinking, if you live in the 3 states where LA is common you need to be served first. However before anyone receives the new equipment it needs to be shipped to either Chris - Roy - Gays of Lidar for testing That way we know for a fact its fixed! At this time the 3 states where its common or everyone if enough parts come in can send in there *ecu brain portion* and get the update exchanged out or re-flashed.

Thanks for reading but I find it appropriate this morning for everyone to realize this is not the end of the world, this is not something like buying a house where you where told it would half a roof and you show up to move in and there is no roof.

Let’s get behind Leon offer our support because I know he's going to offer his and get this fixed
    8)

--staton

Banned

I'm all about calming down if Leon is going to fix the units. I agree with your post.

I was doing some research last night and found more areas that have purchased Laser Atlanta guns. New Mexico, Ontario, and Toronto. Add these areas to Florida, Ohio, and Georgia. Surrounding states of Georgia should take Xtreme(pun intended) precaution as Laser Atlanta is located in Georgia.

JTW

Old Timer

I have actually seen them use laser atlanta around my area before. Not common at all, 9 out of 10 I see using the ultralyte. I live in the heaviest state with laser in the country, and you know why I am not scared about stealth?

Stealth hinders the ability to get a lock quickly, and I know as long as I have VEIL on my car with a radar detector, this is not a threat to me.

Administrator

Default Fix the modes

Leon and I had a long conversation this morning on the telephone regarding the Stealth mode issue.

Torbin (the owner of Blinder) is on vacation, and not expected back for at least another week. When he does get back, he will be pushed to get out the new pro-type unit that was also tested in Ohio, that did jam the stealth mode.

Another big advantage with this new unit is that it has more power then the present M-20 and can jam better.

Leon and I both agreed that my customers (and members of the board) that have purchased any of the current Blinders, will be upgraded to the newer units.

This cannot be done, until after these units go into production and are shipped from Denmark. This will be another 60 to 90 days out.

Leon will be providing more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, if you have an m-20/40 send Leon an e-mail letting him know that you are interested in the exchange
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Scratonicity Groupie

I rest my case :P

Speed Demon

Will this require replacing the transceivers or the interface box??

Administrator

Default Don't know

Really I don't know, this is a Leon question, but I suspect only the heads
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

In the end I beleive we are all going to be happy. It is good that we have enthusiast like ourselves on this forum because companies will need to be on their toes at ALL times. Guys Of LIDAR will hopefully be around for a very long time with the forums support and everyones elses.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Longsnowsm

A big thanks to the Guys of Lidar, and Roy for helping us all out on this. If not for your independent testing and honest reporting this problem would still not be known. My hats off to you. It looks like it will work out and these problems will get fixed. Fingers crossed here.

Longsnowsm

Speed Demon

I sure appreciate Roy going to bat for us. I emailed Leon and got this:
    Torben is on his 3-4 week vacation. These guys know how to do it right.

We are testing this new unit and trying to get it ready for production.

As soon as I have the unit in hand you guys will be the first to know.

Please keep in touch, this will be the only way for you to know what I know.

MY question :Will I get an exchange for an M20 purchased 8/19/2005 ?