Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Selecting a laser jammer and Guys of L.

Just got done reading the test results of the guys of lidar site ...

Did they do something wrong, or did the promised, improved M40 just clean everybody's clocks?

I was thinking that there was much love for the Lidatek, but it didn't seem to perform like I thought it might. And are there prototypes for the Antilaser and Lidatek folks as well?

Advanced Member

Did you see the mounting positions of the Blinder????? Who on earth would mount a jammer like that

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Longsnowsm

It sounds like the Blinder numbers for the retail unit were very suspect, and the install has been questioned. The prototype numbers were good, but I don't know if it was installed in the same locations as the retail unit. If it was installed in the same locations as the retail unit then it would problably be a JTG on most of the runs if installed correctly. Maybe the GOL can weigh in on how the prototype was installed.

Until we can see some numbers from retail units I would try to refrain from getting overly excited. We have already seen companies put out product that was nothing like the prototype or early production models. The Laser Mimic stories I have read here come to mind. The real mind blower was the Antilaser proto with all those JTG runs. If the prod unit is that good then they will have the jammer to beat.

Longsnowsm

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Did you see the mounting positions of the Blinder????? Who on earth would mount a jammer like that
    BlinderDude

Advanced Member

BTW the lidatek is not a prototpe and would of performed alot better on a car and/or with VEIL and a laser sheild

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

As far as mounting location on the retail unit, two transponders were mounted just above the chrome grille (you can see these in the trailer) and two were mounted at the top of the opening below the grill.

The Blinder prototype had the power bumped up some, I'm not sure on the exact mounting position.

Remember guys, this was worst case. JTG on every run would be difficult, considering the test vehicle that we used. If we had used a Black Corvette, a lot of the jammers might have had JTG on most runs, but that wouldn't tell us much about the performance differences between these products...

Jim

Newcomer

I'm sure these tests take a lot of planning and have some cost associated ... not to mention you prolly have to feed everybody afterward :-), but why not do a r/l test? I mean, not too many folks have that elusive corvette, but anybody who can afford 350 / mo can afford an RX-8 or SDI. And for much less you can ruin a perfectly good Civic

Seriously, though ... why not set up a typical car (like a Honda or Toyota ... there seem to be a lot of those around) with a normal mounting of each and use the Veil/Laser Shield ...

I mean, the only other form of test results we all have is vs. r/l LEOs....

Anyway, if you set up a Paypal Donate website, and said, "Each of you needs to contribute $20 to pay for the cost of one of these tests." I'd contribute.

As it is now, I'm still not sure which Laser jammer to get. I ordered my Veil and VF2. I ordered the bra. And I already have the Photoblocker spray which I never considered using (gf bought it long time ago), but now after that nice article from the WAshington Post that somebody posted, I'll be spraying that on the rear...

Professional

why not set up a typical car (like a Honda or Toyota ... there seem to be a lot of those around) with a normal mounting of each and use the Veil/Laser Shield
    Like Jim said, we wanted to test worst case senarios.
    If we could get jam to gun on a Ford Explorer with silver paint and chorme grill then most other cars would not be a problem.

Think about it this way if we can stealth something large then something small is no problem.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel
    Anyway, if you set up a Paypal Donate website, and said, "Each of you needs to contribute $20 to pay for the cost of one of these tests." I'd contribute.
    For $20 you can get a DVD of the Laser Jammer tests
    For $15 you can get a DVD of the Radar detector tests
    And for $30 you can get BOTH VIDEOS!!!
    http://radarbusters.com/products/book-store/default.asp
    Buying at least one of the videos would be a great way to show your support

Plus many people were complaining about the Guys of lidar were going to charge for the video of this testing session so charging just for the wiritng results would just cause more b1tchin'

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    As far as mounting location on the retail unit, two transponders were mounted just above the chrome grille (you can see these in the trailer) and two were mounted at the top of the opening below the grill.

The Blinder prototype had the power bumped up some, I'm not sure on the exact mounting position.

Remember guys, this was worst case. JTG on every run would be difficult, considering the test vehicle that we used. If we had used a Black Corvette, a lot of the jammers might have had JTG on most runs, but that wouldn't tell us much about the performance differences between these products...

Jim
    Mounting locations for the prototype was lowered down a few inches and was a lot different than the retail Blinder mounting position. IMHO the retail BLinder would have performed A LOT better if the same mounting position was used as the prorotype. In fact we played around with this and remounted the Blinder retail and the punch throughs were cut in half against the LA Atlanta operating in NORMAL mode. Location is EVERYTHING like you have seen with my Lidateks on our July testing sessions. The problem is that an avarage Joe Smoe would not know this and would mount them were the manual suggested.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!