Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Should I sell my M-20?! USELESS NOW?

Dear friends,

I just bought this M-20 unit last month... and now I am reading that it doesnt' even work correctly. I spoke to NY state troopers and they told me that they are useless against the new emerging technologies.

Should I just sell the unit and wait until something better comes out? Blinder most likely may not offer an upgrade for free... so it might be worth it to sell + rebuy later?

I seek your advice. Thanks ops:

Advanced Member

Default Re: Should I sell my M-20?! USELESS NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Cow
    Dear friends,

I just bought this M-20 unit last month... and now I am reading that it doesnt' even work correctly. I spoke to NY state troopers and they told me that they are useless against the new emerging technologies.

Should I just sell the unit and wait until something better comes out? Blinder most likely may not offer an upgrade for free... so it might be worth it to sell + rebuy later?

I seek your advice. Thanks ops:
    the NY troopers are lying to you... the Blinder M20 does ok against the LTI ultralyte and in the recent order for radar and lidar guns they only purchased more LTI's no Laser Atlantas. they also purchased POP capable radar guns...

Call Leon...He said he is offering the upgraded Blinder in return for a The mis advertised M20s

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

I would take anything the police tell you about technology designed to make it more difficult for them to give you a ticket with a grain of salt, as their job is to freak you out in hopes that you stay within the speed limit or, even better, get rid of the jammer and speed anyway.

Power User

Well Blinder is an effective jammer, unless it's stealth mode. I believe BlinderDude offered to everyone on the board that owns an M20 that they can send it in for either an update or another unit that jams stealth mode when it becomes available since the current Blinder is advertised to jam stealth. If stealth mode is an issue for you, I suggest you just find out for sure from Blinder if you can gets yours upgraded. I'm not sure I would go as far as selling an effective jammer. You just have to decide if you want it upgraded and then decide if it's easier for you to sell it or send it in for update.

Speed Demon

You really should talk to Blinder Dude first!!

Professional

Yes you should sell that useless thing to me for $5.00!! :wink:
    Just kidding, if stealth mode is an issue in your area then I would talk with blinder dude.

Banned

If you want to participate in the blinder recall go to this thread for directions.

http://www.radardetector.net/Blinder...X%21-4891t.php

JTW

Manufacturer

If you have a question or concern with your Blinder.
    Please contact me @ sales@blinderxtreme.com or in person @ 1-866-622-7219.
    Thank for all your help Chris, but he will not be able to help you with any recall.
    This will be done through U.S Blinder.

Yoda of Radar

ops:

Manufacturer

There's no "recall." All of this flap is about a gun that has less than 2% of the total market and probably less than .1 to .01 % of a particular operating mode.

If you guys want to call Leon out for this, fine - its been done now for months. But for 99.99% of the rest of the real laser that would be encountered, the Blinder remains a top rated jammer.

Why not ask Leon how many actual laser tickets he has had to pay? I believe it is zero.

For those who wish to remain committed to "punishing" Leon for [Blinder's DK] technical difficulties for something like will likely never be encountered in the real-world, you guys can't see the forest for the trees.

Have you ever heard of the 80/20 rule - try 99.99/.01 rule, in this case, is more like it. This whole issue is such a red herring... :wink:

BTW, I give JTW full marks for being the first to figure out that there was some sort of problem!!!

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook