Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    286

    Default Problem with Blinder 20

    greetings all,

    It's been a while. i have a blinder 2 head unit on my vehicle. was running well until yesterday when i noticed the unit warning signal (buzzing) going off intermittently after going through the test cycle. after tooling around with the unit today, found that sometimes the test cycle would remain "on" and would not shut off!

    ..so, i ran some tests;

    1. drivers' side (ds) only connected to logic unit, infrared/laser (ir) applied.
    RESULTS = NO RESPONSE.

    2. passenger side (ps) only connected to logic unit, ir applied.
    RESULTS = NO RESPONSE

    3. both ds and ps connected to logic unit, ir applied.
    TEST CYCLE **OK**
    RESULTS = NO RESPONSE

    4. further tests run using different ports in 4-port logic unit.
    RESULTS = NO RESPONSE
    ****NOTE, earlier today, i was getting a response off of the ps head and
    nothing from the ds head****

    i have checked all connections for loose/frayed/broken wires or dirty connections at he the logic box and found none. the lenses are not scratched or obstructed in any way on the head units.

    ...sound like a bad logic box?..replaceable?..serviceable?...any assistance would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Rocket Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    8,717

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Maybe water in one or both of the heads?
    Valentine One (3.858 Ice Cream Truck, 3.812 in Vette)
    4 Head LI (On Vette) (7.11 CPU Regular heads front, HP Heads on the rear)
    9500ci (On Vette)

    LI Quad (On Ice Cream Truck)

    LI Dual (On SRX, 7.06 CPU)

    ProLaser II, ProLaser III, Stalker LZ-1, LTI Marksman & Laser Atlanta "R" (looking for an Ultralyte LRB)

    2008 Corvette Z-51 Coupe

    Escort 9500 ix (Cadillac SRX)

  3. #3
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,016

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Quote Originally Posted by category4 View Post
    Maybe water in one or both of the heads?
    x2.


    I hate to say this... but it might be time to look towards a new jammer anyways, the M20 gave you years of service, but there are new gun(s) and exponentially better jammers out there now: M25, Dual-Head Laser Interceptor, even the ZR4 because it covers all guns.

  4. #4
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Quote Originally Posted by category4 View Post
    Maybe water in one or both of the heads?
    .....thanks for the reply...not sure...all appears to be air tight...i know that the lens can be removed easily but, what about the rest of the unit?..can i access the guts or is is permanently sealed?

  5. #5
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    x2.


    I hate to say this... but it might be time to look towards a new jammer anyways, the M20 gave you years of service, but there are new gun(s) and exponentially better jammers out there now: M25, Dual-Head Laser Interceptor, even the ZR4 because it covers all guns.
    ...this one has worked well for me and I'd like to keep it.....as you can expect, money very tight at present so, a new one is out of the question.....is their any place that has the logic boxes or anyone in the Orlando, Florida area that has one i can sub out to try?...

  6. #6
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    8,881

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Orlando area, you say. I might know someone. You could also try contacting Blinder Guy. He lives in Lakeland, which isn't too far away from us. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

  7. #7
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    Orlando area, you say. I might know someone. You could also try contacting Blinder Guy. He lives in Lakeland, which isn't too far away from us. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

    .....thanks for the reply..lakeland is over an hours drive from here...i have the feeling i am gonna be shafted on my "issues"....hell, I'd give him a deposit if he'd mail it out to me as i would return it the same day.....i was just looking around at the prices for newer models and they are too pricey....do you know if the guts of teh head units are accessible?...i will later open up the logic unit to see what goes on...

  8. #8
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    8,881

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    I don't know. I'd let Blinder Guy reply, first. He's a very reasonable man

    AFAIK, the "guts" of the unit are in each of the heads, and I think they are surrounded in epoxy. The control box is merely there to alert you when there is a signal.

  9. #9
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    I don't know. I'd let Blinder Guy reply, first. He's a very reasonable man


    AFAIK, the "guts" of the unit are in each of the heads, and I think they are surrounded in epoxy. The control box is merely there to alert you when there is a signal.
    **if in epoxy, i am shafted as far as teh heads are concerned. i am hoping a cold solder joint in logic box as that is the unit that determines if laser or not and sends the alert..the heads are only the "antennas"....

    I don't know. I'd let Blinder Guy reply, first. He's a very reasonable man
    **that is what i gathered.

  10. #10
    Rocket Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    8,717

    Default Re: Problem with Blinder 20

    I have an M25 control box you can have if it will work on the heads you have. You might want to ask Blinder Guy if they are compatible.
    Valentine One (3.858 Ice Cream Truck, 3.812 in Vette)
    4 Head LI (On Vette) (7.11 CPU Regular heads front, HP Heads on the rear)
    9500ci (On Vette)

    LI Quad (On Ice Cream Truck)

    LI Dual (On SRX, 7.06 CPU)

    ProLaser II, ProLaser III, Stalker LZ-1, LTI Marksman & Laser Atlanta "R" (looking for an Ultralyte LRB)

    2008 Corvette Z-51 Coupe

    Escort 9500 ix (Cadillac SRX)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Blinder wiring problem
    By InfernoRedSe in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
  2. Problem with Blinder M27????
    By wolfpacal in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 01:00 AM
  3. Beeping Problem with Blinder
    By GTISCRUB91 in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 03:02 PM
  4. Blinder M20 Problem
    By 99max in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
  5. Blinder mounting off slightly is this a big problem.
    By willsrx in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •