Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Installing Multiple Blinder units M45/M25

Hello all! New to this forum and new to the world of laser jamming. I was wondering if there is any benefit of installing multiple Blinder units on a vehicle?

To be more specific, I have a Yukon Denali that has a huge reflective grill, fog lamps and the headlight lenses are also rather large.

I was wondering if it is possible to install an M45, placing all 4 of the heads at the front of the car. When I get some more loot, I would add a second unit (M25) entirely on the rear of the car.

Any advice or insight (good or bad) is welcomed!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Installing Multiple Blinder units M45/M25

why not just get a more powerful jammer like an LI 1,225 for 4 head system or you can buy 2 head for 700 and add 2 more heads later.

Advanced Member

An M45 up front would be enough protection. For the rear I would go with an LI dual. the large rear end of the will give the Blinder M25 alot of trouble

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Quote Originally Posted by nys464 View Post
    Hello all! New to this forum and new to the world of laser jamming. I was wondering if there is any benefit of installing multiple Blinder units on a vehicle?

To be more specific, I have a Yukon Denali that has a huge reflective grill, fog lamps and the headlight lenses are also rather large.

I was wondering if it is possible to install an M45, placing all 4 of the heads at the front of the car. When I get some more loot, I would add a second unit (M25) entirely on the rear of the car.

Any advice or insight (good or bad) is welcomed!
    Save your money and wait for the brand new Blinder units so independant's can test it because they are supposed to have higher power and some nice programming options.

That is what Im waiting for before I put down my CC.

Power User

4 heads with no veil and front plate would work for your car if you don't have much chrome.
    I tested a silverado with M40 and it was JTG to everything I tested including the new truspeed.
    At the end of the day, you want a ticket saving performance. Remember to shut it off after adjusting your speed to PSL.
    Last edited by speed-dreams; 03-06-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Experienced

Lightbulb Re: Installing Multiple Blinder units M45/M25

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Remember to shut it off after adjusting your speed to PSL.
    Thank you for mentioning this.

It should be number one of the Jammers Ten Commandments!

Newcomer

Thank you all for your replies. Another question..... NY law requires that you have a front plate displayed no lower than 12 inches and no higher than 48 inches from the ground, on the front of the car. Anyone here ever modify the plate bracket or re-locate it to get an advantage with a Blinder? I'm installing the 4 front heads on a Yukon Denali. It has lots of chrome and reflective material in the grill, headlights, etc. From the bumper down, there is much less (except the two recessed fog lights). I was wondering what ideas everyone may have on how to place the heads, with consideration that I am willing to re-locate the plate.

Or, perhaps shimming out the front plate at the bottom with washers so that it is angled toward the sky? Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks!

Newcomer

When people talk about waiting for the brand new Blinder units because they are supposed to have higher power and some nice programming options, is that compared to the LI or the current Blinder power???

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by nys464 View Post
    Thank you all for your replies. Another question..... NY law requires that you have a front plate displayed no lower than 12 inches and no higher than 48 inches from the ground, on the front of the car. Anyone here ever modify the plate bracket or re-locate it to get an advantage with a Blinder? I'm installing the 4 front heads on a Yukon Denali. It has lots of chrome and reflective material in the grill, headlights, etc. From the bumper down, there is much less (except the two recessed fog lights). I was wondering what ideas everyone may have on how to place the heads, with consideration that I am willing to re-locate the plate.

Or, perhaps shimming out the front plate at the bottom with washers so that it is angled toward the sky? Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks!

Buy a LS and hit the HL's with Veil, and an M45 will work well for you.

I also live in NY... so I understand your pain. One thing to note: In NY plate covers are illegal, and this is why I don't Veil my LS, I keep them as clean as possible.

In NY they go for plates first (both front and rear), if they don't get readings there, they move on quickly sometimes... so be careful.

Not sure if this applies to everyone but when I tried to mix and match heads on my blinder unit it gave my set-up a fit... Now, that could have been because I took the heads from my older M25 and installed them on the newer M25 J16. But, one thing is for sure this set-up didn't work the system went into a very long beep and wouldn't get quite. Ultimately I had to install all the same for it to function. Funny cause I could run the ZR3 set-up with my Blinder and it worked flawless but mix and match Blinder heads and it wouldn't operate properly.