Newcomer

Default A couple of questions. M40 on Hilux in South Africa

Hello Guys.
    1stly what a gr8 forum. Only found it this morning and have spent most the day reading all the posts. Awesome info.
    I have recently installed my M40 on my new Toyota Hilux. I have only installed 2 sensors, and need info on the other 2.
    Bear in mind the following circumstances in South Africa.
    1) Dont ever use radar, only laser.
    2) Cannot trap further than 1000ft.
    3) Very seldom trap from behind.
    4) Seldom trap from bridges or overpasses.

My questions are as follows
    1) Could I mount the 3rd and 4th sensor behind the large holed mesh beside the headlights?
    2) Being near the radiator, will the sensors be OK?
    3) Are the 2 sensors either side of the plate mounted in a good position?
    (Sorry, cant seem to find option to insert the pics??)

Thanks again for a gr8 forum and useful info
    Cheers, Bruce
    PERCY-ZN[img][/img]

Newcomer

Hey man, where are you located in RSA? I just got back from Cape Town

From what I found in the three weeks I was there is only Speed Cameras were used in Cape Town...I never once saw police enforced speed acquisition and one of my cousins who owns the big Avis dealership there confirmed only Speed Cameras are used.

In fact you'll be pulled over in Cape Town if you don't have a front license plate...the back you don't have to worry much about.

Are you in Jo-berg and are they using officers for speed acquisition there?

If not and you are near Cape Town or on the Garden Route get the device that blocks the camera from taken a picture of your plate. You probably have the elongated license plate but I know you can switch to the short fat one like the US if you need to (I don't know if that plate blocker only works on US style plates or not).

Any chance you could send me some Wet Biltong?

Newcomer

Just noticed you live in KwaZulu-Natal...give me an update on the speed laws/guns/info there..it would be greatly appreciated as I have over 40 relatives in RSA. Lots of them travel for business and I could give them a heads up.

Newcomer

Default Location in RSA

Hey there,
    I live in Pietermaritzburg, KZN. Do a lot of mileage in KZN, Durban, and Free State. In Durban they do use some camera's, mostly permanent, so not too bad. Yeah, front plates are enforced. In the rest of Natal, they use a LOT of laser. No radar. On most trips, I normally get about 3 or 4 laser traps. I used to run a Cobra detector in my BMW, which saved me loads of times. It does not help in the SUV though, with such a large front end. I have installed the M40 and it is awesome. Jammed 2 lasers last week. What an awesome product. Glad you had a good holiday in Cape Town. Awesome place.
    Cheers, Percy-Zn

Newcomer

Default Re: Location in RSA

Quote Originally Posted by Percyzn
    Hey there,
    I live in Pietermaritzburg, KZN. Do a lot of mileage in KZN, Durban, and Free State. In Durban they do use some camera's, mostly permanent, so not too bad. Yeah, front plates are enforced. In the rest of Natal, they use a LOT of laser. No radar. On most trips, I normally get about 3 or 4 laser traps. I used to run a Cobra detector in my BMW, which saved me loads of times. It does not help in the SUV though, with such a large front end. I have installed the M40 and it is awesome. Jammed 2 lasers last week. What an awesome product. Glad you had a good holiday in Cape Town. Awesome place.
    Cheers, Percy-Zn
    jammed two laser already...nice! Funny thing is there isn't a police officer in the entire country who knows about Jammers you are going to have a fun time with that.

actually while on the garden route a Honda s2000 passed us going probably 140mph (225kph)...which was idiotic because there were baboons wandering around all the highways at the time.