Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Is the m45 good against the LTI Ultralyte?

I live in RI and have the m45 all 4 sensors mounted on the front of my small suv. I just did some research and found out that my state of RI doesn't use laser, but the surrounding states (which i visit often) CT and MA use the LTI Ultralyte gun.

Are the 4 sensors of the m45 on the front of my small suv good enough against this type of gun?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Is the m45 good against the LTI Ultralyte?

Post a picture of the front end of said "small SUV". The question is specific to YOUR vehicle.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

it's a lexus rx300. I have all 4 sensors mounted 'level' and perpendicular to the ground. You can see the antenna to the bel sti-r mounted under the roof rack too.

Last edited by cduluk; 03-22-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Speed Demon

Best thing you can do is test it in real world conditions, but I think your placement is close to optimum.

The bull bar will probably affect the lower heads since it appears they are recessed behind the bar, but the only alternative I see is the slot beneath the headlights at the bottom of the lip.

Good luck!

Radar Fanatic

I'll be honest and say the Bull bar is going to kill you!

Newcomer

yeahh.. its a lot of chrome i know lol.

My first thought was mounting them in those slots on either side of the bumper, but the guys on clublexus.com told me those vents are required for cooling of the tranny cooler or something... and i can't block them. UGH.

I can try to bring out the lower sensors so they're flush with the bull bar, that might help.

I'm trying to rent a speed gun for a week to do my own tests.

I just need to figure out how they work with the LTI Ultralyte because that's what my surrounding states/counties use.

In general, is the blinder good against this type of gun? Or should i have gone with the LI jammer?

Banned

its not a great idea to post your plate on here just saying

Newcomer

eh... i've got these pics posted on every lexus and HID forum around... it would be impossible to remove them all lol.

Yoda of Radar

The Blinder sometimes struggles with both models of the Ultralyte. If your heads are not absolutely perfectly aimed, and the officer is not dead ahead of you, greater than 500 foot punch-throughs are not surprising. If you get any off-axis, elevated, or below grade hits, you're likely to get pwn3d, as those lower heads are trapped inside the Bull Bar, and will be unable to protect you.

That said, the test results have been variable. We informally tested a full size Chevy pick-up with an M45 in Houston last month and got JTG against the Ultralyte. He had a front plate and some chrome, but no Bull Bar. Bottom line is, as already stated, you're going to have to test it, probably multiple times between fine tunings, before you're going to know for sure.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

I don't like those vertical mounted heads... and veil that chrome bar