Newcomer

Default Mounting Suggestios and Firewall access on a C6 Vette?

All,

I will be getting a M20 this Friday and will be installing on a '05 Black C6 Vette. I only have 1 location on the front of the car to install the sensors. Under the bumber and perpendicular to the direction of travel - right? I was told to divide the car in half and then divide those portions in half. Then locate the sensors at that midpoint.

Now for the real question. Has anyone found a good place to route the wires through the firewall? Things are *very* tight under the hood of this car. I have not pulled the battery yet, but I suspect I may find a path there. Anyone already done this and can provide some help?

Thanks,

Jeff

Professional

If you dont have a plate put the heads as close to those new headlights. that the only good thing with the oldere vetts is that the headlights went down. Punch through was minimal with veil and that type of headlights. If you dont want veil on thaose pretty headlights and you dont have a front plate, get as CLOSE th the headlights as possible. Remember to keep them level.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    If you dont have a plate put the heads as close to those new headlights. that the only good thing with the oldere vetts is that the headlights went down. Punch through was minimal with veil and that type of headlights. If you dont want veil on thaose pretty headlights and you dont have a front plate, get as CLOSE th the headlights as possible. Remember to keep them level.
    Thanks for the thoughts! I don't think I want to put Veil on the headlights. Just can't bring myself to doing it at this time. I can't wait to get the system installed. I think the only *hard* part is finding a route through the firewall.

Jeff

Power User

Hey Gibby. Me and a friend (Mircoscuk) just finished an install on his c5 vette. They were put in the ram nostrols on the bottom. Make sure you don't put them to far out toward the blinkers or you can get punch through at around 600 feet. Also since you have headlights that are visible you might have more trouble also. But, the key is just hit the brakes when it goes off. Also contact Mircosuck and he can help you a little more about the install.

OUTRUN

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Outrun
    Hey Gibby. Me and a friend (Mircoscuk) just finished an install on his c5 vette. They were put in the ram nostrols on the bottom. Make sure you don't put them to far out toward the blinkers or you can get punch through at around 600 feet. Also since you have headlights that are visible you might have more trouble also. But, the key is just hit the brakes when it goes off. Also contact Mircosuck and he can help you a little more about the install.

OUTRUN
    Thanks! I took the unit to the local Tweeter store as they do custom installations of all types there. They drilled 2 holes through the firewall just behind the battery. This brings in the wires just above the fuse box.

They then mounted the LED's just under the front bumber and just above the air spoiler. Mounted each about 4" from the left/right edge of the front headlights and about 1/4" from the front edge of the bumber. Hope this placement works. Anyone in the Chicago Land area have access to some Laser guns so we can test it?

Gibby