Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Thumbs up Blinder M45 j15/j16, JTG/JFG'd my Laser Atlanta SpeedLaser2

This past Friday I was in Airmoore's area and we met up to test out his set-up.

Vehicle:
    Red Honda Civic

Front:
    -Blinder M25 J16 (Receivers closest to plate)
    -Light coat of VEIL on the headlights
    -LaserShield on the front plate.

Rear:
    -Blinder M25 J15 (Recievers closest to tail lights)
    -LaserShield on the rear plate

Results:
    -Center Mass Front = JTG
    -Headlights Front = 120ft 150ft, 380ft, 450ft
    -Center Mass Rear = JFG
    -Taillights Rear = 377ft, 444ft, 847ft

Suggestions for possible improvement:
    -VEIL the taillights
    -Flip the front heads around so receivers are on the outside closer to the headlights
    -Add another coat of VEIL to the headlights
    -Reposition the front heads in the upper grill
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Overall I was very impressed by AirMoore's set-up the Blinder M45 he had did a great job performing is it definitely will save tickets just has it did in the past. The Blinder j15/j16's are both still great jammers proven jammers.

The runs were done on a 3000ft straight road and both AirMoore and myself use the open passenger door of on the cars pulled over to steady the gun. I didn't write down the results these are from memory. The highest punchthrough of the day was 847ft on the rear passenger taillight.

I have some videos that I took after I found out the weak spots. There was center mass and all over rear shot and centermass front shot on video. Which we be posted in 1-2weeks\

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blinder M45 j15/j16, JTG/JFG'd my Laser Atlanta SpeedLaser2

Putting sensors out will make a big difference..When we tested the J17 on Z1ONLYs car sensors in and then out there was a big difference between the two.

Yoda of Radar

Sorry it has taken me so long to get on... I have been at the GF's school for graduation Rob.

Yeah, it was a nice meet-up with Rob, and it was a great day and location for testing.

We mostly did my car (as Rob had JTG/JFG)... so it was pointless to test his.

At any rate: I think the testing went well over-all, the JTG/JFG on center mass was nice... as that is was they often shoot for.

I also cannot thank Rob enough for taking the time to do this testing (as again it was mostly for my purposes, except we did check his SWR on his Galaxy).

I must be honest, I don't remember the 450ft front shot (nor the 380)... (I thought they were a rear shots as I thought the front was solid down to 300ft), but alas maybe I am just trying to repress memories of lack of JTG, because the tape doesn't lie.

Either way, I was happy with the results, and am not worried at all about real world encounters anymore, though I do plan on getting another jammer (for the front) when money allows... but until then I will most likely flip the front sensors OUT like Rob suggests.

Again, I had a good time, even though we both were a bit rushed towards the end.

It was great learning experience, and I think my next coat of Veil may be 2 light coats, and then flip the sensors out on the front jammer for better performance until I have funds for another jammer...

One thing we also learned:

I learned that I absolutely suck at shooting laser guns and trying to hold a camera for thru-HUD shots aka: I couldn't do it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    I must be honest, I don't remember the 450ft front shot (nor the 380)... (I thought they were a rear shots as I thought the front was solid down to 300ft), but alas maybe I am just trying to repress memories of lack of JTG, because the tape doesn't lie..
    Unfortunately I don't think I pressed the record doing the all over filming run. I can't find it on my camera....Noob mistake

I do remember a 449 reading and most of the PTs on the front came from the driver headlight so that alone makes it tough on the jammer. But there are times I get very lucky with the laser gun. My memory could be wrong though cause I was pretending to be a college kid this weekend

Still the majority of headlight punchthroughs were 300ft under

I already have come up with suggestions on how to improve the testing a in the future. And that is actually write down the results.

My next trip to that area will be in mid august most likely I'll let you know when I figure out the exact dates

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    I must be honest, I don't remember the 450ft front shot (nor the 380)... (I thought they were a rear shots as I thought the front was solid down to 300ft), but alas maybe I am just trying to repress memories of lack of JTG, because the tape doesn't lie..
    Unfortunately I don't think I pressed the record doing the all over filming run. I can't find it on my camera....Noob mistake

I do remember a 449 reading and most of the PTs on the front came from the driver headlight so that alone makes it tough on the jammer. But there are times I get very lucky with the laser gun. My memory could be wrong though cause I was pretending to be a college kid this weekend

Still the majority of headlight punchthroughs were 300ft under

I already have come up with suggestions on how to improve the testing a in the future. And that is actually write down the results.

My next trip to that area will be in mid august most likely I'll let you know when I figure out the exact dates
    Yeah, considering the fact that I couldn't even record and shoot at the same time... I am not too worried about you missing a few runs.

At any rate: Rob, I cannot thank you enough for that, it surely put any worries of mine to rest, and I will be altering my set-up just a bit for future purposes(besides another jammer).

Again, your help was (is) most appreciated, and I do hope you make another trip so we can do some more testing...

I cant wait to see the videos.

Advanced Member

Here is the video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSxjZE_l1TQ]YouTube - Blinder M45 j15/j16 on Honda Civic VS. Laser Atlanta SpeedLaser2[/ame]

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Thanks for the vid! Looks like if the M25 works on a Civic it should work well on my car.

I wish i could have came... I off from work.

Depending on the vehicle and how much of the radiator or AC condenser is visible through the vehicle's grille, spray painting everything behind the grille flat black can noticeably improve the performance of a jammer.

Yoda of Radar

First off: Rob, sorry its taken so long for me to get back to you on this... I have already seen the video (when it was first posted) and have been in too much of a rush to get things in order for a reply.

Thanks again though Rob, for taking the time that day, and afterwords for this video.. its a new favorite of mine on YT. Also, can thank you enough for letting me use your lidar gun a bit as well.

2nd off: As has been noted, I am sure the result could be cleaned up a bit with better head placement, and also a new coat of G4, but overall, I was pleased with the results.
    (For anyone who cares, as it says in the video it is indeed an M25 J-15 on the rear, and a M-25 J-16 W/TS Fix on the front.) I would also like to give a thank to M. Hardy on resolving that (TS) issue for me, he has been great in dealing with me; top-notch.

When time allows I may change the front heads, but for right now this set-up in conjunction with my other countermeasures is extremely effective for me, and I barely need the jammers (though they are left on), because my CB normally trumps all my other countermeasures.

What I really need to do is save up enough money, and wait for the M27, M47 results... but I think all that (for me at least) is a long-way off for $ issues, aka: it needs to go else where and I just can't swing it right now, though I would LOVE to have a M-27 on the front for sure JTG, and to check some new features.

At any rate: MEM, thanks for the advice, I would likely do it for closer to JTG performance... but at this point I haven't had the time or need for better performance out of the jammers. The GF is home from college, so no more gauntlet videos... though I do have some on file that just need an edit.

At any-rate they have served me well... and I cannot thank Rob enough for this opportunity. I hope we can do another set of tests if he is back up this way.
    Last edited by AirMoore; 07-03-2009 at 08:29 PM.