Good Citizen

Default Install location on my Civic.

The grill on my '00 Civic Si is not deep enough and would not allow for the mounting of the blinder units without them sticking out. I figured I'd put them right below in the two circles. . . but would that be too far away from the headlights? That would put the units within 18" of the headlights, but they wouldn't be level with them. And I don't have a front plate so mounting them lower is of no real gain.

Would the locations circled be good spots to mount the two blinder units?

Oh, and that's not an actual pic of my car if you were wondering, I had to scratch out the foglights because I don't have em on mine

Thanks!

Craig

Newcomer

I have a 2000 Honda Civic HX and this is how my blinders are installed. I have been hit with laser about 5 times since i had them, and everytime i was going 15MPH over the limit or faster and have had no problems getting down to the posted speed and shutting them off!

Good Citizen

Would they have been aiming at your headlights or do you have a front plate?

--sigh-- I'm over-thinking this

Thanks for the reply!

Newcomer

To be honest we all have this misconception of where "they" aim. I have fired a laser gun with police officers and to tell you the truth no matter how steady a hand you might have, the beam shakes all over the front of the car. So I would advise you to put the jammers in a spot that covers the whole front side of the car (the reflective surfaces) of the car. That said, most officers try to aim at the front plate so in theory that would be the best spot to cover. Just make sure to put some veil on your headlights.

Good Citizen

Default stealth install in Civic

If you wanted to go stealth mode