Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default blinder upgradeability?

If I buy an M-20 would I later be able to add 2 jammers to the rear, or should I start off with an M-40?

Also, here's the front of my car. Would an M-20 be enough for the front, or would I need an M-40? Also, and good ideas for mounting points?

Finally, any installers in NC (near Charlotte, more specifically near Davidson)?

Not sure if I want it just yet though (I know I'll want it eventually, but as a full time student money is tight).
    Richard

Old Timer

Well I can tell you that if you buy an m-20, you can add 2 sensors later on. But I am not sure how big of a jammer you would need for that one...

Founder of Stealthvation

M20 would be sufficient. Mounting it on there would be tough since you can really hide the sensors. You could mount them on your bumper then paint them the same color as your bumper so they blend in better
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

You think I could put them in the upper grill? I mean, I know I could put them there, but would the be effective there (possible the in the lower corners?). Part of the reason I'm looking for a pro installer is to have some customization done (have the Blinder run off it's own fuse, work the light and cutoff switch into the ashtray) and I would think any competent installer could cut some of the plastic in the grill to make room for the blinders. I can always get a new grill screen for $21.
    Richard

Manufacturer

M20 would be more than enough for your front vehicle.

BTW, is VEIL applied to your lights? If so, it's hard to tell from this distance!

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

I can't remember. It was either just on the right (our right, not the car's) set, which you wouldn't be able to tell because of the shade, or on both. But yeah, I couldn't tell where there was VEIL when I had done all of them (i.e. I can only tell the differece when I have one without VEIL to compare it to).
    Richard

Manufacturer

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

What are the dimensions of the blinder jammer units? I wonder if I'd have to worry about losing cooling on my radiator.
    Richard

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    What are the dimensions of the blinder jammer units? I wonder if I'd have to worry about losing cooling on my radiator.
    Richard
    I'd be shocked if there's any significant decrease in cooling. In the pictures that Sethy posted the units seem extremely small. (They're something like 13mm wide?) Your grille is HUGE so you probably won't even know they're there. Also for consideration is the fact that the lower part of the front fascia is generally designed to direct air upward, and that wouldn't be affected at all.

Speed Demon

Blinder dude, you seen this yet? You'd think I'd be ok with the units in the lower corners of the main grill (i.e cut out spots for them in the plastic screen)? I would want to make them flush with outer edges of the grill meaning the part of sensors towards the center of the car would be subset, would they still work fine?

Is it possible to mount the blinder units vertically (i.e. so the long side goes up and down instead of side to side)? Then I could put them on each site of the license plate and paint them to match the bumper, though the lens would still be the color it is so that may not work.

I wish I could come up with a place to put them which wouldn't disturb any of the air flow to the radiator, though then again the part directly behind the grill is just the radiator for the A/C. I wonder what a place would charge to cut out the grill, mount the blinders, and wire the lights and speaker into the ashtray (there's a hole in the firewall that goes straight to behind the ashtray).
    Richard

Richard