Newcomer

Default Constant High Pitched Whine from speaker - Blinder M40

Hi there,
    My Blinder is a couple of month old. Yesterday when it had been on for about 2 mins, the speaker started emitting a very high pitched whine. Not as loud as the alert, but u can hear it in the car. The LED stays green and if I do a switch off/on, the test seems OK, with the LED going Red, then green with normal alert from the speaker. It then finishes it's alert, then starts this whine again.

I am guessing it's just a slightly faulty speaker? and nothing wrong with the jammer. Can anyone confirm and also can I just simply replace the speaker with another similar one, available from local electronics shop?

Cheers, bruce

Default This might help you troubleshoot...

The power cord to my M20 is hard wired to the cigarette lighter. I also have a Sirius head unit off the same cord. When I also plug a phone charger into the cigarette lighter outlet (with a load) it will make my Blinder whine like you described.

How is yours wired?

Newcomer

Default Whining Speaker

Mine is wired direct to the acc power on the ignition
    When I turn the car on, Blinder comes on.
    The whine did not start/stop due to any thing else being changed in the car, ie phone, radio etc.
    I tried switching the radio off, as well as handsfree phone kit and even the park distance control, but none of these affected the whine.
    I stuck the probe of a small screw driver into the speaker front and this changed the pitch of the whine, so I rekon the speaker is just a bit screwed?

Could be the speaker, but if your power cord is not hard to reach, try running a temp. wire directly from your battery to test my theory.

Newcomer

Default will try that

I will try the direct power and see if that helps.

Can anyone confirm that I can just change that little speaker by itself and it will not affect the jammer?

Cheers, PERCY-ZN

Newcomer

Percyzn, does the speaker whine change tone with the speed of the alternator, as the RPMs change???

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Default Re: Whining Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Percyzn
    I stuck the probe of a small screw driver into the speaker front and this changed the pitch of the whine, so I rekon the speaker is just a bit screwed?
    If it was not screwed before it is now.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Turn the key to the on position but do not start the car. Is the noise present?

Newcomer

Default feedback

1) No the whine does not change as the rpm changes (like when an amp is incorrectly wired, you get that increasing/decreasing whine) It is not like that. It is constant, no matter on the rpm
    2) Even if the engine is off, once the ignition is on, and the jammer comes on, then a few seconds later the whine comes and stays constant, engine on or off......

???