Thread: M20 problems

Speed Demon

Default M20 problems

I have an old set of M20s that have been working well until now. Now when I power them on the alert sound stays on continuously. Before it would do the normal test phase beep, then another beep about 30 seconds later. Now it just stays beeping the whole time.

I've checked the heads with a camera as they're doing this and all the LEDs are firing.

I haven't changed anything in my car recently so are there any thoughts on why they're doing this all of a sudden?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: M20 problems

Quote Originally Posted by TQUILL View Post
    I have an old set of M20s that have been working well until now. Now when I power them on the alert sound stays on continuously. Before it would do the normal test phase beep, then another beep about 30 seconds later. Now it just stays beeping the whole time.

I've checked the heads with a camera as they're doing this and all the LEDs are firing.

I haven't changed anything in my car recently so are there any thoughts on why they're doing this all of a sudden?
    Sounds like you have a receiver on a head that has gone bad.The receiver is making the unit think it is being shot at so it is firing. Unplug each head one at a time to see if it stops. That way you can tell which heads is causing the system to fire. The cause could be anything. It is a electronics piece of equipment. They fail sometimes. How old is your M20?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TQUILL View Post

Time to get a replacement

I had a similar issue after 2.5years of use which isn't bad
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjuvWZVizmQ"]YouTube - Blinder Xtreme M20 Laser Jammer Broken? (2 of 2)[/ame]

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy2288 View Post
    Sounds like you have a receiver on a head that has gone bad.The receiver is making the unit think it is being shot at so it is firing. Unplug each head one at a time to see if it stops. That way you can tell which heads is causing the system to fire. The cause could be anything. It is a electronics piece of equipment. They fail sometimes. How old is your M20?
    I'll check to see which head it is like you said. As for age, they're pretty old, but I'm not certain exactly how old. They're not even the high-powered M20 heads... so they're pretty ancient.

Street Lawyer

Yep my rear head on the M35 Setup I had went out and caused this, it was a kink in the wire causing 2 wires to touch each other or something, if I moved the wire one way the false would stop, let the wire go and it started up again. I've been waiting for RMA for a while now

Radar Fanatic

so you would call that installer error right , not product error.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    so you would call that installer error right , not product error.
    Hey don't hate on my ghetto installs