Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default M47 Install job from Hell

I've been screwing around with the install on my truck for a week now. All of the most sensible places to mount the heads do not have natural mounting platforms. In other words, there is no place to attach the brackets to a surface that allows me to square and level the heads.

I am so fed up trying to do a stealth install that I am seriously considering screwing holes in my plastic bumper and mounting the heads straight out front. If it weren't for the fact they they could be easily stolen, I would. I don't care if LEO sees my heads. They are not illegal.

Anyway, I needed to rant and take a breather from the install. Will hit it again in a day or so.

Banned

Default Re: M47 Install job from Hell

If you want, I can take photos of my install. Level, no drilling, no cutting on an F150.

Radar Fanatic

Ok who's in the Tampa area that can help this guy out this weekend. So many of us do our own installs and mechanical work I'd imagine you can find someone here to lend you a hand.

If you're willing to drill the bumper might as well Dremel out the space for the heads so they sit flush, then use heavy duty 3M tape to attach the bracket to the back of the plastic, and add small L brackets from home depot if needed

Professional

I would but I am headed to the keys for spring break otherwise i would make the trip to vist friends down there hope you find someone

Radar Fanatic

I don't think you should trust me with a dermal next to your car. If you can't mount the heads with the brackets, can't you just use double sided tape for the mount and shimms to level? Don't make the Install harder than what it is.

I do care about a slight stealth install. They are legal here but you don't want them to pull you over for no reason. They might think those are police lights or something.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Motor On View Post
    Ok who's in the Tampa area that can help this guy out this weekend. So many of us do our own installs and mechanical work I'd imagine you can find someone here to lend you a hand.

If you're willing to drill the bumper might as well Dremel out the space for the heads so they sit flush, then use heavy duty 3M tape to attach the bracket to the back of the plastic, and add small L brackets from home depot if needed
    I am in Lakeland..I would be glad to help this weekend..Just drop me a PM.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy2288 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor On View Post

I am in Lakeland..I would be glad to help this weekend..Just drop me a PM.
    Now that is dedication!

Good Citizen

X2!!!
    BG's customer service is top shelf!!

AFineRide- Step back and take a break. Repost a few pics of where your wanting to place the heads, and maybe some of us here can kick out a few ideas for ya.

Re- sorry, didn't see your other thread in " placement advise". New photos already up.
    Last edited by Stark; 03-03-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Advanced Member

I agree with using the dremel and cutting the hole in the bumper.. I have thought about doing the same. I am not selling my truck anytime soon.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Experienced

I am very appreciative of all your efforts to help. I am going to review and rethink, my mounting points and try another mock up when I have calmed down.

If I can't figure it out, I will take you up on your offers... Thanks Again.