Newcomer

Default In regards to Blinder ticket rebate?

I agree with this user in his quote "99% of installers have no guns and 80% cant install a jammer properly."

But for a speeding ticket rebate program Blinder requires "receipt from professional install".

What gives?? What about individuals who are professionals themselves who in general can install the unit themselves but dont own a "business". I can and I did install the unit myself and I know I do a better job then an audio or car repair shop. Is there away around this requirement of "receipt from professional install" ??

Lead Foot

Default Re: In regards to Blinder ticket rebate?

Do you have a certificate to install that?

Yoda of Radar

Blinder has said in the past that they would honour the policy if the user documents a good self-install with pics, etc... Especially someone who is a forum member here.

The bigger problem is that, for them to pay you, you have to pay the ticket. Nobody in their right mind pays tickets! You take it to a lawyer or you get yourself deferred adjudication, neither of which will Blinder pay for. So really, the guarantee is more of a gimmick than anything.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

I agree with stealth.

I had someone who claimed to be a professional install my heads. The first thing I did after getting my car back was to check their work... only to find them off by a degree... maybe two.

Well, get out your scientific calculator and figure out how much off your heads will be for a degree at 1000 feet? at 500 feet?

MAKE THEM PERFECT!!!

Jammer heads need to be done perfect... follow the installation manual exactly.

After, I suggest that anyone serious do testing. Every car model, make, color, and shape will play a part in Lidar effectiveness. Having a front license plate on or not will make a difference. Having Veil will make a difference in most cases.

A white SUV has more reflectivity than an all black sports car. License plates are super reflective. Headlights are reflective.

Sometimes people on the internet claim one thing, and sometimes another. Test your product on your own car so that you know.

I am a firm believer that in the future, if I get pulled over because the LEO clocked me speeding on his Lidar, its MY FAULT for not doing it right and testing to know for sure.

Hey... prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. Have a backup plan for everything.

-Oyu

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by NETWizz View Post
    Do you have a certificate to install that?
    I can install a cd player better then some 18yr old kid who works in the best buy mobile install and I can change the brakes on my car or change my own oil or motor swap my engine out of my car better then a 10min lube place or mom and pop repair shop.

The point is there are only certain fields require certification, such as doctors or nurses for example. No one can just work in the ER or teach in a school without such certifications.

Second off some "professional shops" arent even say ASE certified. I guess I just dont like the fact the blinder requires a "receipt from a business" for the ticket rebate program because just because its a "business" doesnt mean they can install a jammer equal or better then the next guy. This isnt surgery in the ER where a licensed doctor is required lol. Its a laser jammer.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Blinder has said in the past that they would honour the policy if the user documents a good self-install with pics, etc... Especially someone who is a forum member here.

The bigger problem is that, for them to pay you, you have to pay the ticket. Nobody in their right mind pays tickets! You take it to a lawyer or you get yourself deferred adjudication, neither of which will Blinder pay for. So really, the guarantee is more of a gimmick than anything.
    Oh didnt know that. I did my own install how do I inquiry about sending all my purchase receipt and what pictures of install are required to be mailed in with the form. I guess I should be asking blinder this not you lol. But thanks,

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Oyusan View Post

Well, get out your scientific calculator and figure out how much off your heads will be for a degree at 1000 feet? at 500 feet?

MAKE THEM PERFECT!!!

Jammer heads need to be done perfect... follow the installation manual exactly.

-Oyu
    Yep. I agree. I've taken my heads off 2 times already and about to remove them again. Just not happy with the level and just can't seem to get them square to the front.

When I get them all done CORRECTLY, I'll have them tested.