Scratonicity Groupie

Default New idea to help mount ? ! ?

While laying in bed this morning my mind began racing on a new way I could mount the Blinders on my new car the Cirrus! What I've came up with is this...

Clear piece of material like the clear bra's you can buy for your car... Just need 4 pieces for a m20 or 8 for a m40!!!

Put one piece on the car - then the other on top of the blinder... Then just get some ultra highgrade Epoxy throw a layer between each piece and bam you have a unit that is never coming off until you really want it to!!! Since Epoxy can be disolved using a special solution when its time to take it off you have the choise!

But that is what the clear bra is for to protect your cars paint when it comes time to take it off...

If worse comes to worse on removal you could just order a new lens for the Blinder!!

Does anyone know where I could buy a sticky clear product like the clear car bra??? Or have another Idea I could use?

Feel free to post your ideas on mounting as well - I find the mounting bracket way, to be to much of a pain and I can never get them perfectly level.

By using this way my car at the bottom is perfectly level already and in the grill the area I'm going to cut has a bar that is perfectly level...

Sounds complicated. How is this better than the 3M molding tape the rest of us have been using?

Scratonicity Groupie

is the 3M molding tape weather proof? that's my biggest concern - with a tape I feel it might be effected by bumps, moisture etc.... with an epoxy its like liquid concreate!

3M molding tape is made to permanently attach chrome and trim bits to the exterior of automobiles. I use it for my Blinder. I do recall RadarRoy indicated that he too uses it for his. I've put about 40,000 weather-beaten miles on my Blinder since I installed it, and it hasn't budged yet.

Go to your local car parts store and ask for molding tape. They'll know what you mean. Costs about $5 for a long roll that you'll never use up.

Yoda of Radar

Someone should give Volkswagen a call about that stuff. Damn mouldings fall off after 6 months

Power User

I use that 3m molding tape to. It works as long as you don't bump it or move it around all the time.