Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blinder M-06HP

Experienced

Default Blinder M-06HP

Figured I'd start a new thread here and seperate this from any Blinder M-20 discussion. As I mentioned I got a Blinder M-20 on the cheap and then had the opportunity to get these older M-06HPs even cheaper (guy has about 10 of them, I bought 4). I'm fully aware they're kinda old but I figured it would be fun to play with them, see if I can track down someone with a laser gun and test the performance.

I was going to install one this evening and snap some infrared photos since this thing constantly fires, compare it to those I did of the Lazer Zapper. I was going to do this when I got home from work but the wires were kind of short. While its easy enough to run into the engine compartment you couldn't wire the thing into the passenger compartment without wire extensions unless you had something like a Smart Car. So if you were to need to make a kill switch it would make it necessary to add wire extensions. Still installation is theoretically much easier than it was for the M20 except for this need.

I can see why these got water in them, the head isn't sealed as well as that of the M20. Probably learn by design thing, they're also somewhat heavier and made of metal, mounting brackets allow less ability to properly aim them. You could easily seal them up better with silicone or something but out of the package it is basically just a gasket sandwiched between and the head is screwed together. Doesn't appear that they're sealed that well where the wires enter either. I may try sealing them up better I don't know.

The ones I got are apparently a later version that has 3 wires as opposed to two, including a white wire which must be conncted between the two heads as well but I don't know the purpose of it. This was accompanied by an additional leaflet to accompany the owners manual. I could get more of them but I don't know what I'd do with them other than experiment and play around.

I don't think they'll be effective against more modern guns but if anyone wants to test a more modern gun against one and is in the general area I'd be curious to see what they can do.

Newcomer

Default Re: Blinder M-06HP

Let use know how they work

I wouldnt mind gettin one for my trunk since thats the only place I have a lic plate.

how much did you pick one up for by chance?

Experienced

Well I hooked them up, the wires on these are so darn short, what a pain. I ran an extender to a kill switch. I can confirm they work. I'll take pictures this evening once it gets dark, my camera isn't very infrared sensitive. I paid about $30 per set of these give or take since I bought them along with some other stuff.

The brackets aren't forviging. Unlike the M20 you can't really adjust them, luckily the part of my bumper I mounted them to is straight. Seeing as that all versions of this jammer didn't have the white wire it would probably make installation easier if the ones in question didn't have it. Unfortunately all the ones I have access to have the white wire since they're all from the same batch.

I don't think the method of sealing on these is as good as the later ones. It probably can be fixed with some silicone. Granted they cost a fraction of newer models. Whether or not they're effective I can't say unless I can find a laser gun to test them against, about all I can confirm is they light up, like the Lazer Zapper. Anyway I'll snap some pics in a bit and post them.

Experienced

Here is the IR pic. Can't see the M20s in this picture as I have nothing on hand that will make them fire think I need an actual laser gun or something to simulate it. Center is the Lazer Zapper on the license plate the side two are the M06-HPs.

Guess if nothing else the photo is good to compare LEDs to Laser Diodes and proves the Blinders light up. The Lazer Zapper is Laser Diodes whereas the Blinder is LED, they have different properties when you try and photograph them. The Blinder if you get up close you can distinctly tell it is LEDs, the Zapper has a different light pattern more swimmy, less direct if you try and photograph it close, much brighter at a distance.

Now to find a laser gun to test them against. I can disconnect each jammer set independently to see what is most effective too, or if they're more effective as a whole.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Lots of guns out there. What is your location?

Experienced

I'm in the Buffalo NY area.

Newcomer

Hey if they work I might buy one for my rear off you if you can get another...

Manufacturer

We have come a long way baby.
    The water issue was dealt with in the M-10, It was like it was yesterday (almost 10 years ago).
    The New replaceable lens M-20, 25 and now the 27 add the epoxy and look mom no water.
    Denmark (Blinder International) works very hard, not only making a better jammer, also one that will last for years.
    Drive with less stress!

Experienced

I won't disagree there, the M20 heads are much better sealed. I think it would be very easy to seal these up to be water proof with a small bit of clear silicone. Still for the price it will be intersting to see what effectiveness they have and how well they hold up.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder Dude View Post
    We have come a long way baby.
    The water issue was dealt with in the M-10, It was like it was yesterday (almost 10 years ago).
    The New replaceable lens M-20, 25 and now the 27 add the epoxy and look mom no water.
    Denmark (Blinder International) works very hard, not only making a better jammer, also one that will last for years.
    Drive with less stress!
    With all respect, the expoxy filled heads did not solve the water problem, but greatly reduced it. I lost both my M10 heads back in the day to water & the green corrosion that grew in the heads. I had even resealed the heads with new lenses per Blinders instructions but they still leaked. I think the rear foam seal was an issue too. I have lost 2 epoxy filled M40 heads to water that got into the heads also. While the problem was greatly reduced, it was not solved. That said, two of my original M40 heads are still going strong with no signs of leakage yet. My M40 head failure rate due to water leakage is 50% in 5 years.