Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Anyone install Blinder M 20 or 40 themselves?

Just curious as to how hard it would be to install myself.

Professional

Yah i installed mine on my sc2. A little coupe. It wasnt easy but if you know wher your car wireing is at and what to doits alright. MMThe main hard part was trying to squeeze those wires through that cramp engine bay. A SUV or Truck would make running the wires alot easier.If you have not puchased it. I would recommend paying that extra $100 to get it installed by an authorized installer. Seeing thats the only way Blinder will pay for your Laser speed ticket. I lernt this after i bought it.

Professional

If you have a basic knowledge in car eletricity , it is not diffucult to install , what take the most time is passing the wiring from the engine bay to the cabin. You have to find or make a hole big enough to pass the handset plugs .

To pay $ 100 is too much for me , and besides you learn nothing , but if you do it yourself then you will become ''smart'' and you refine your ways . Because the first time you tend to do thing the hard way , practice makes perfection... :wink:

Take your time , study each part , assemble the whole system and see how it works (before any install) then figure the paths , do one head at a time , then when satisfied do the next , being smarter this time .

The good advantage of a pro install is the warranty against a ticket , if you can find an installer in your area. I still trust more my own work than a prowork done in a hurry... because there is pro and pro... :shock:

I install a m-20.

Mark the wires for each head , color code is easy to remember , like / left =red , right = white , tape or paint.

A good tip to figure the placement of the heads is to find the ideal location and then figure out the way to install the brackets = use hot glue for temporary testing , I personnally did not use the bracket supplied , I made mine with with Fimo modelling material oven hardening , found at most hobby shop.

Any question , pm me.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by 411radarlover

To pay $ 100 is too much for me , and besides you learn nothing , but if you do it yourself then you will become ''smart'' and you refine your ways . Because the first time you tend to do thing the hard way , practice makes perfection... :wink: .
    Dont get me wrong It was a great learning experience but you will not be able to file under "Blinder Pay For Your Ticket". Its up to you and good luck....

Speed Demon

I installed mine. Plug and play except for mounting the heads. Give Leon aka Blinder Dude a call about installation or warranty issues. He is a great guy and will be happy to help you!

Advanced Member

better in the blinder forum

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Scratonicity Groupie

I did mine on my Subaru WRX - and my 98 Chyrsler Cirrus! However on my 03 EVO I had it profesionally installed because of the unique curves etc.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    I did mine on my Subaru WRX - and my 98 Chyrsler Cirrus! However on my 03 EVO I had it profesionally installed because of the unique curves etc.

Staton-do you have any finished pics of them on your Chrysler, i just wanted to see where you put em

Scratonicity Groupie

sure thing I'm on the road right now - and will be for a bit but as soon as I get home I'll take a few pics!

Professional

Did it myself, it is easy, plug and play mostly. Just find a power feed that is active when the ignition is on (or the jammer heads will be on 24/7) and ground.