Thread: Dallas, TX help

RadarBusters Associate

Default Dallas, TX help

I have a customer who is having problems with his installation. His heads are both installed on his motorcycle and this will be his third set of blinders, he has "2" m20s on two other vehicles so he is pretty familiar with location. He has stated that the back up sensor is not working, and that when testing them with his tv remote controller the m27s they are not going off, but the M20s go off, and I advised him that the m27s may not go off on remote controllers since they have a different system. Is there anyone who may be able to give some suggestions on what could help fix this issue, is the unit defective, or can a simple CPU update solve the problem?

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Default Re: Dallas, TX help

He just missed our Dallas meet. I am about 4 hours away or I could help. I am not a M-X7 guy as I am still in the M40 era...until the fix for the laser all lie comes out.

Professional

I don't know much about getting the Blinders to work but if he talks to someone that does and gets them to where they work I can test his setup this weekend. I'm not sure if they go off with the remote or not, I would imagine they would. If they don't I can test with the PLIII anyways.

RadarBusters Associate

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscolby View Post
    I don't know much about getting the Blinders to work but if he talks to someone that does and gets them to where they work I can test his setup this weekend. I'm not sure if they go off with the remote or not, I would imagine they would. If they don't I can test with the PLIII anyways.
    That would be awesome, I am sure he would be cool with that. I told him about the forum hopefully he comes by. I have a feeling they are working fine it just that the method he is using to test them isn't the right way to go about it.

This was an issue I had with my m47. One of the heads was not firing in parking mode. Was told that the new software would fix this problem and that it was strictly a software issue. That was back in September. Sent several emails to blinder and was told 2 weeks every 2 weeks I sent an email. This goes back to when the new 2.10 software was going to be coming out and the answer was always 2 weeks. I have the email's listed in my other posts. That's why it was irritating to see other members say things like "stop asking when it will come out because we want it to work properly before it's released". Some of us need that software release if it is truly going to make our heads work again. My faith in that software coming out and fixing my broken head diminishes every day.