Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: just snagged an m27

Quote Originally Posted by laxman420 View Post
    i actually just contacted bestbuy and they gave me an estimate fro 75-110 for the install.
    Nooooooooooo!! Do not have that installed by Best Buy man! They can't even install stereos right. LOL. Find a local audio shop that is reputable, and will do it right. One may be hard to find in Idaho, and you may not find one, but anything beats Best Buy.

Good Citizen

yeah i would rather not have them do it. im going to call a few more local shops and see if they can do an install. dunno if im going to be able to find a quality place here to get it installed.

Professional

Sometimes, stereo shops have the best intentions, however they don't install the heads correctly; i.e. behind the grille, which is an absolute NO-NO! Jammer heads MUST have clear line of sight in order to work properly. And, of course, must be mounted straight and level with the road. If you can find one that's reputable, go for it. Custom installs MAY cost more, just an FYI. Other enthusiasts on the board here tend to do a much better job of installing this type of equipment!

Good Citizen

yeah im hoping to find someone from the community here that can do it. not sure how many people from idaho there are lol

Good Citizen

found two more places that can do the install. Dicks Stereo quoted me at 55 per hour and said they have experience with installing jammers. Also another custom shop said they can do it not sure what they will charge though. ill keep everyone updated.

Good Citizen

well received my blinder today. found a local stereo shop to install it. they quoted me at $90 for the complete job. ill post pics of the install tomorrow.

*as a note for tdub*
    The place that i found to install it is that Ultimate Tint and wheels shop on fairview and curtis ish. They do car alarms, stereos, amps, and other installed detectors. from the people i talked to there that were waiting, they do quality and professional work.
    Last edited by laxman420; 01-21-2011 at 08:18 PM.