Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Another "Where Do I Mount My Blinder?" Thread

Hey all,

If you're getting sick of these threads, sorry , but I value your opinions and was wondering if you could help me out also. Here's a pic of my car:

Now, the way I see it, there are two options. Option A:

And Option B:

The three things I have to worry about being targetted on the front of my car are, in order of importance:
    1) My license plate
    2) My headlights
    3) My foglights

It seems that Option A would cover the license plate, and headlights, but I'm worried that it won't cover all of the headlights and also the foglights.
    Option B would definitely cover the license plate and foglights but I'm worried about coverage for the headlights.
    Also, I would like them to be as concealed as possible.

What do you all think? 8)

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    A

Radar Fanatic

Well, what you need to worry about above all is where the police are likely to target. From what I have heard on the board they are likely to target the license plate first, headlights second. The foglights are a viable source of reflection but I doubt that the officer would intentionally center the beam on them when he has three much bigger, more reflective targets to go for. For that reason I would go with option A based on the geometry. I'm a little concerned that option B would compromise your protection against targeting the headlights, although I think that your LP would be adequately covered in either case.

Founder of Stealthvation

If I was YOU I would remove the fog lights and moutn it option A. If you do not want to remove the fog lights buy Laser Veil and apply it on your headlights and fog lights
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    For that reason I would go with option A based on the geometry. I'm a little concerned that option B would compromise your protection against targeting the headlights, ...
    Take a look at this photo:

Now, I know that this is a very, very rough interpretation, but the lenghts of these lines, on my computer screen, differ by 1 cm. (Line from option A = 32.5cm, line from option B = 33.5 cm) Even though the cop isn't likely to target the foglights, will the setup on option B REALLY provide less protection than option A....or will it provide MORE?

Professional

I would say A, then duct tape or black electrical tape on the fog lights, unless you actually need them :P

Old Timer

If you use the program I designed for this situation, im sure it'd make your choice a lot simpler

http://www.radardetector.net/Chance-...nload-751t.php

Also...
    Even though the cop isn't likely to target the foglights
    If a laser is 18 inches wide at 500 feet, he could be targeting your headlights and the laser could be hitting your headlights & your fog lights. Just somthing to think about...

Good Citizen

Default this really is simple...

SImple dude....option a and b....now you have NO worries. Get the M40, and youll be fine.

Lead Foot

Go with A. Make sure they are set as far to the edge of your center grill cross horizontal bar as possible for consealment. Since your foglights are factory installed, removal isn't much of an option(Veil on HL &FL). Get a bra also...

You could consider the lower section opening (below your opt. A line)closer to the bumper. That would put it closer to your LP also.

Good Citizen

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

Blinder Dude, what do you think?