Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blinders for my Honda Ody

Got some advice from the other laser forum and did lots of research and choose the M-40 and will put them all up front. Need some advice on the best front mounting places for the 2005 Honda Odyssey. It is dark maroon and in Arkansas we do not use a front plate but it does have some chrome and huge headlights. I did not get the veil but if I need it I will get it later. Any advise will be appreciated. Hopefully no more alser tickets.

Old Timer

pretend like you have a plate, put a blinder by each side of the plate. then put one blinder by each of the headlights.

Advanced Member

VEIL is not an option with the blinder and the size of your head lights it's a necessity

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to get them installed.

Another question. I went ahead and had Roy include Veil. I have a dark colored bug shield should I or can I paint it with the Veil? Also, I will not have any prtoection as for as the M-40 goes on the rear of the Ody, should I paint the rear of it with Veil or is that just a waste?

Old Timer

Hate to say it, but in GOL tests, VEILing did nothing for the rear.

remember veil is good from about 1500-500 feet on the headlight. laser from the rear usually happens from 10 feet - and up.

Maybe accompany the rear of the car with a jammer and veil, you have a winner.

Suf Daddy

Default Front vs Rear

Comparitively (front vs back): IMHO, its the vertical FLAT surface area and the highly reflective tail lights & light bars which routinely give me 2100 foot readings from the rear, even in the dark just aiming between the lights. Bad technique, but its a lot of reflection area for the LIDAR.

Any covering has to contend with this IMHO.
    -Suf Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Hate to say it, but in GOL tests, VEILing did nothing for the rear.

remember veil is good from about 1500-500 feet on the headlight. laser from the rear usually happens from 10 feet - and up.

Maybe accompany the rear of the car with a jammer and veil, you have a winner.

What about painting the bug sheild with Veil?

Quote Originally Posted by ms121269
    What about painting the bug sheild with Veil?
    Anybody????

Professional

i think since your bugshield is already tinted, you should not veil it. i think you should get a new clear plate cover and veil both sides of it or get a lasershield from Roy and lightly veil it. the lasershield seems to be the favorite around here becuase its clear and barely noticeable except if you are within a few feet of it. heres how it does for laser reflectivity -->got my ls and veil today. the amount reflected from the plate is greatly reduced. that is just the lasershield alone, no veil on it. if you veiled the bugshield you have now, you probably wouldn't be able to see the plate at all