Newcomer

Default Blinder Placement

Hi Everyone, just a question for you laser jammer pros. I was planning on buying a system (most likely the blinder m20, from Roy of course ) and was wondering about if I could install them behind a grill. Here is what one guy did http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/622448/11, but I dont want to have mine as visible (for obvious reasons). I was thinking about putting them in the same spots, just behind this plastic mesh grill thingy

any input would be appreciated

thanks

Old Timer

It will not work behind a grill :?

Professional

I think you could use a fine mesh screen , like the one for mosquitoes .

The screen will not impede the detection nor the output of the jammer , it is like having a very close wires in front of a camera lens : it is so close to the lens that it don't blur the image .

If it cut by 1% ... big deal ... it is the way I camouflaged mine , and the tests I did with my Osprey is conclusive of keeping both performance and stealthtiness.

Altough Sethy is right : if the mesh of the grill is large , it could hide partially the capting led and part of some jamming leds.

Another test for GOL :wink:

Newcomer

I was thinking because the mesh is so large, you could align such that there are no diodes being blocked. And even if it does reduce the effectiveness by a little, that is better than getting busted

Radar Fanatic

Blinder used LED's, not diodes. and with it behind the grill in not sure if it would work at all, it'd prob alert to the laser just not jam it. plus if your going to spend $300+ for something, dont you want it to work the way it should?

Newcomer

Thanks for the advice guys, (I just meant diodes in the sense that leds are diodes)
    anyways maybe i can ask you all for some suggestions on how/or what type I could buy and where to place them so a cop couldnt see them from a mile away like the way it looks on this other guys mazda

Cheetah Rep

with the shape of that vehicle, i don't think you'll have many options.

going by that one pic, it looks like if those silver screws or whatever they are were painted black, it probably wouldn't be very noticeable.

especially if you turn off the jammer once you get your speed set, this way they can get a reading and move on, without focusing too much on you.

most people and cops in general aren't looking for a jammer, so unless it REALLY stands out, they won't pay that close of attention to it, unless you constantly JTG and draw attention.

Old Timer

Its white, and has a lot of flat front. You can not mount it bedhind the grill or it def wont work.