Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default M-20 already.. Add a ZR3

I have a M-20 Installed. I just got a new ZR3 and want to add it. two up front and the rear above the plate. Should there be any problems having the two systems installed?

Cheetah Rep

i don't think so, but don't quote me on that just yet.

i plan on testing that this weekend if the weather is still good.

i'll let you know.

now i only have one type of gun to test. maybe one of the guys from GOL can give a better answer, from the testing they've done.

Professional

Actually, say you have the Blinder M20 up front, then you add the AL6 or Defender2 or whatever, would they conflict with each other? Would the laser gun get a reading because the two laser jammer systems are cancelling and interfering with each other?

Cheetah Rep

that's a good question.
    i've "heard" that sometimes they can, but not always.
    i thought during one of the first GOL tests they paired a Blinder and Lidatek and they worked well together, but i don't remember for sure.

sounds like a good test for the upcoming GOL tests, to try different jammers together and see what happens.

when i do this little test, besides my current setup, i'll also put the ZR3's next to the Blinder and see if that hurts, helps, causes different error codes, etc...

Newcomer

well I am waiting with baited breath.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    that's a good question.
    i've "heard" that sometimes they can, but not always.
    i thought during one of the first GOL tests they paired a Blinder and Lidatek and they worked well together, but i don't remember for sure.

sounds like a good test for the upcoming GOL tests, to try different jammers together and see what happens.

when i do this little test, besides my current setup, i'll also put the ZR3's next to the Blinder and see if that hurts, helps, causes different error codes, etc...
    Indeed... the jammers work by sending back their own pulses, so what happens when the gun sees a whole bunch of different pulses sent by the different jammers up front? Would it be extra jamming, or WORSE?!

Power User

On the test vehicle at the GOL last August, I swithed the Blinder and ZR3 both on when I was driving. I did his when we were messing around with the cop that showed up. They did not seem to interfere with each other, just the laser gun. It was JTG, but I can't remeber which gun we used. It was either the PL3 or the LZ1. Most likely the PL3.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    On the test vehicle at the GOL last August, I swithed the Blinder and ZR3 both on when I was driving. I did his when we were messing around with the cop that showed up. They did not seem to interfere with each other, just the laser gun. It was JTG, but I can't remeber which gun we used. It was either the PL3 or the LZ1. Most likely the PL3.
    If that was the case, for those who already have a Blinder kit installed and want MORE protection, when AL6 or DF2 or whatever new jammer comes out, instead of REPLACING the existing Blinders, you could ADD to it.

In fact, since most of the new diode jammers have only 1 head, and the Blinders come with usually at least 2, and the Blinders tend to be installed on either side of the car and the new single head diode jammers in the center, then it works out perfectly, aye?!

Power User

I guess if you want all that stuff on the front of your car.
    With the AL6.5 you won't need another jammer.

Cheetah Rep

Well i have good news and bad news.

The good news (for me) - I'm more stealth than happya$$
    The bad news (for happya$$) - I'm more stealth than happya$$

Now the testing is all good news.
    There was no interference or problem of any kind.
    They actually worked well together.

Now this is only tested with the LTI, but i suspect other guns would be the same.

I tested them spaced apart and right next to each other.

I say go for the install. plus if you have some problem with one, the other will be there.