Thread: AZ DPS laser

Goodyear, AZ

Default AZ DPS laser

So I have heard of DPS having lasers for years here, but have never seen them. I drive from Goodyear out to Wintersburg for work four or five times a week, and have been for the last five years and have never received a laser hit. In the last two weeks I have been hit three times. MK I eyeballs have been my only warning. Seems they stick the nose of the car a bit further out when they are using laser. Is this because they are using a gun and not the hard mount radar antennas? Guess it is time to get some jammers on at least the front.

BTW I have a '99 Corvette which I think will be pretty easy to protect from laser, and an FJ cruiser which will be about impossible I think with its near vertical windshield. I have an HID retrofit in the headlights, and am planning on painting the buckets flat black to lessen the reflection on them. All trim pieces are also flat black. Does anyone have placement advice for the FJ and its windshield?
    Last edited by Stngray; 03-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: AZ DPS laser

With the size of the FJ Cruiser I would surely go with a M47. I would mount them in the spots shown in picture.

fj cruiser image2.jpg