Default Do laser jammer models functionality/effectiveness depend on region?

I've decided I'm going to buy a laser jammer. I was thinking of going with the "Beltronics STi-R Plus" radar detector and the "Antilaser G9" laser jammer. I posted this in another thread (under Introduce Yourself) and another user said the Antilaser G9's are "pure crap". LOL.

Of course nobody wants to invest in crap, so I'm thinking of going with the Blinder HP-905 laser jammer.

I've got a few questions :

1) After visiting the Blinder website, I couldn't help but notice their product line doesn't give you their products release dates. From what I can tell, the HP-905 is their latest product. Can somebody confirm this for me?

2) I'm in Ontario, Canada : Will all laser jammers work in my area, or do I have to select a laser jammer/technology based on my geographical region?

3) I've been reading about the difficulty of installation, and I'm certain I wouldn't be able
    handle this on my own, so can somebody recommend an installer in the GTA?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Do laser jammer models functionality/effectiveness depend on region?

Metro Toronto uses Ultralyte and a few older Laser Atlanta lasers. OPP uses mostly Laser Atlanta, though they have a selection of older Ultralytes as well.
    Jammers do not need to be customized for geographic regions. Laser guns transmit at a known pulse-per-second (pps), this is how jammers identify and jam lidar guns.

The HP905 looks promsing, the LI is the undisputed king of jammers though. You're best to do some homework and learn what lidar guns are used by your local police, and find some test results that show how the jammer works against the laser guns you're most likely to encounter.

I dont know of any installer in the GTA that specializes in jammers, though I'm sure any competent stereo install shop can install your jammers for you (remember nice and level!)

Default Re: Do laser jammer models functionality/effectiveness depend on region?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i View Post
    Metro Toronto uses Ultralyte and a few older Laser Atlanta lasers. OPP uses mostly Laser Atlanta, though they have a selection of older Ultralytes as well.
    Jammers do not need to be customized for geographic regions. Laser guns transmit at a known pulse-per-second (pps), this is how jammers identify and jam lidar guns.

The HP905 looks promsing, the LI is the undisputed king of jammers though. You're best to do some homework and learn what lidar guns are used by your local police, and find some test results that show how the jammer works against the laser guns you're most likely to encounter.

I dont know of any installer in the GTA that specializes in jammers, though I'm sure any competent stereo install shop can install your jammers for you (remember nice and level!)
    I will do a Google search (later) to find which types of guns my local police use, BUT.....isn't there some sort of an established database out there (there must be) that will tell us which jammers will jam which lidar guns????

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum. Go to the laser section and READ. All this is covered, even in your area.