Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Well what is Blinder doing to compete

I just picked up my blinder M20 about a month ago, so now I am wondering what Blinder is going to do to compete with the AL 6.5. I am getting the feeling I may have made a mistake in purchasing it. Is there going to be an upgrade or something?

Newcomer

I doubt they are going to offer an upgrade, since they use LEDS, and the new jammers use laser diodes.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Well what is Blinder doing to compete

Quote Originally Posted by morris
    I just picked up my blinder M20 about a month ago, so now I am wondering what Blinder is going to do to compete with the AL 6.5. I am getting the feeling I may have made a mistake in purchasing it. Is there going to be an upgrade or something?
    YOu did not make a mistake going with the Blinder as long as you pair it up with Veil.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Yoda of Radar

What kind of car do you drive Morris?

Speed Demon

AL6.5 no track record. Blinder M20(positioned properly) and veil have a proven track record. You made a good choice.

Old Timer

Been hit well over 100 times with laser with the blinder & veil. It has saved me and my license countless times, and has been by far the best money I have EVER spent.

Its great to have an odd hobby that saves you money

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Been hit well over 100 times with laser with the blinder & veil. It has saved me and my license countless times, and has been by far the best money I have EVER spent.

Its great to have an odd hobby that saves you money
    Seth, your fiance' is really nice. It's great to have a hobby that makes you money :wink:

Newcomer

Lexus GS400.

I have really wanted to stay away from the VEIL. I dont want to cloud up the HID headlights with it. But it sounds like I may not have a choice. It would be nice if it gave acceptable peformance without the VEIL

I'm not bad mouthing the product, just a bit concerned. The 500$ expense was pretty major for me at the time, it was obvious that the M20 was at the top of the list. I am just concerned that its position on thta list may have fallen a few notches.

Manufacturer

Compete with what?

I am not aware of any independent review of production laser jammers that doesn't demonstrate Blinder as a top performer.

SML -> Has repeatedly rated Blinder as a top performer
    RT -> Has rated Blinder a top [performance] pick

Have I missed something? :roll:

If you are basing your belief on the late GoL test results bear in mind that they used one the hardest vehicles to cloak - a huge silver SUV with a lot of frontal chrome (procured by Blinder for the test) and transponder head-placement that was far from optimal.

That particular vehicle was selected because it was the most difficult for all countermeasure products, including Veil and demonstrated a "worst case" scenario.

My hat is off to the other manufacturers who attended and let their products be tested with such a tough vehicle - knowing that their performance results would "suffer."

Your sleek Lexus will perform much better with countermeasures than the large "truck" used in that test regardless of what brand you selected or whether or not you chose to utilize Veil.

I do know that Veil will always increase the performance envelope of any jammer, regardless of brand...and that includes pre-production prototypes.

I am confident that after you experience a laser trap or two, your M20's performance will mollify your doubts.

Welcome to the forum! :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Power User

If I had to chose between a Blinder, Lidatek, or ZR3. I would pick the ZR3 or the Lidatek, but this is just my OPINION.

I keep vehicles used in the test in mind also. Just look at the vehicle discrepencies between the Blinder and the ZR3 test by SML at speedzones.com :shock: