Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Hybrids a rip off....

If you want some very interesting reading go and pick up consumer reports 2006 anual auto edition. They show you how many years it would take you to regain the amount of money you spend extra for a hybrid. The only car that is worth it is the honda civic. The worst was the Toyota Highlander, for an extra 10K, you get 3 mpg extra.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Power User

Default Re: Hybrids a rip off....

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    If you want some very interesting reading go and pick up consumer reports 2006 anual auto edition. They show you how many years it would take you to regain the amount of money you spend extra for a hybrid. The only car that is worth it is the honda civic. The worst was the Toyota Highlander, for an extra 10K, you get 3 mpg extra.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
    True, not many hybrids at all are worth while. Especially Honda, I was expecting better from them. Anyone thinks that a SUV hybrid is going to get great gas milage is delusional. Toyota however I am impressed with. I believe that they truly are the leaders in this change.

Yoda of Radar

I have to agree with you money, I think Toyota is by far the absoloute best car maker.

Good Citizen

wooo go Toyota!!!

Banned

Now dave you may want to refrain what you just said...the best car makers...or the bes hybrid makers... The Hybrid engin they made is genius... I was quite empressed...it doesnt feel like you in a hybrid...tose cars still have some go in them...

Farrari are the best car makers in the world...each one hand crafted by professionals and have they highest standards of quality control!!

Yoda of Radar

I agree Ford they have some go in them but that's at the cost of the gas savings.

Yoda of Radar

Ford -

Ferrari might have good quality control, as in the cars come out of the factory built like they are supposed to. You don't see too many Ferraris with 3 wheels

Having said that, a Ferrari is definately not something that is reliable by any sense. A Porsche isn't bad but Ferraris will run right about 1 day in a year The addition of Italian electronics in the car don't make things better.

CR isn't necessarily the best place to look for info on buying a car. They look at them overly logically. Like Mr. Spock

Yoda of Radar

Didn't the ford Focus literally have a problem with the wheels falling off?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Didn't the ford Focus literally have a problem with the wheels falling off?
    1 problem was wheels falling off, another was the gas tank falling out, another were the fuel lines chafing under the hood and spraying gas and setting the car on fire! And wiring problems... the first few batches of Focii they built here really had a LOT of issues. Even Bill Ford was like "Man those cars were ****e" I hear they aren't too bad now.

Yoda of Radar

Guess it goes to say once again, never buy something the first year around.