Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Injectors where sent for testing/cleaning. Also, put the head back on, after a nice cleaning.

*Ended up buying new injectors, because they were 25 each to get tested/diagnosed. Rebuilt ones were 37 bux. So I just got some rebuilt ones.

Water pump, tensioner, gasket kit, and timing belt are waiting to be put on, but only after I empty the freon (idk how to spell it) out of the ac. Needs to be discharged and removed. Less crap = more reliability + zoom zoom.

Speed Demon

I've got good news, I found the problem on the celica, a snapped thermostat. I dont know how, but it did. I replaced alot of crap and to top it off, the deck kit doesnt fit, and neither does the water pump. All well, today I will buy the correct parts.

My dad was cracking up about the mechanic that diagnosed it. Said somthing about a F*(|<ing moron.....

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    zoom zoom.
    dumb Mazda comercials.............were dealing with a Toy-Yoda here

j/k looks real good so far...........for an old car...................and by deck kit are you refering to the dash kit to install a deck........because I know this guy that stocks stuff like that for all sorts of cars... he even says "If I dont have it or cant order it, then it doesnt exist"...i could look into that for you if you want?

Radar Fanatic

reminds me of doc browns de lorean time machine!

good luck with your project..

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    zoom zoom.

j/k looks real good so far...........for an old car...................and by deck kit are you refering to the dash kit to install a deck........because I know this guy that stocks stuff like that for all sorts of cars... he even says "If I dont have it or cant order it, then it doesnt exist"...i could look into that for you if you want?
    Thanks, but I got a kit from best buy. Couldnt beleive they wanted 20 bux for that peice of freakin plastic. I wonder how much the markup is on that crap? 85%? amazing.

btw, I got it all installed, along with the v1's hardwire kit. Looks clean, and the v1 is wired so that it only comes on in the "on" position to eliminate the double start when starting the car.

Power User

zoom zoom.

Thanks, but I got a kit from best buy. Couldnt beleive they wanted 20 bux for that peice of freakin plastic. I wonder how much the markup is on that crap? 85%? amazing.

btw, I got it all installed, along with the v1's hardwire kit. Looks clean, and the v1 is wired so that it only comes on in the "on" position to eliminate the double start when starting the car.
    sounds good man....what kind of deck is it?

Newcomer

i work at best buy...that stuff has more then that bc i get things at 5% over cost and a 34 $ cable is 2.18 for me lol :twisted: :twisted: so ya vent your anger lol :twisted:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Brent27
    i work at best buy...that stuff has more then that bc i get things at 5% over cost and a 34 $ cable is 2.18 for me lol :twisted: :twisted: so ya vent your anger lol :twisted:
    Yeah a wire harness that woulda cost me 20 bucks.......my friend bought it for me (BB Emp.) and I only owed him 2 bucks for it

Speed Demon

Yeah a wire harness that woulda cost me 20 bucks.......my friend bought it for me (BB Emp.) and I only owed him 2 bucks for it
    ****... I guess I shoulda talked to my friend at best buy...

Anyways, I have an Alpine CDA-9847. Its about a year old, got it at 200 bux. Its probably my favorite deck I've had. Sony can suck my nuts! That deck broke because I was mobb'in and went over some train trax, after that, the deck never played cd's correctly (I think it was because my suspension is kinda stiff, lol :wink: ). POS got swapped. My old Alpine was very nice too. Wish I didnt trade it for the sony deck with my dad, I bet he knew it was on its last leg. Anyways, I had to buy a new motor mount, because the one that was originally on the car is missing (dunno if it even came with it!) and the water pump is coming. Cant wait. I guess a couple weeks MAX. I've got to take out the AC next week when I get my next day off.

Power User

*BEEP*... I guess I shoulda talked to my friend at best buy...

Anyways, I have an Alpine CDA-9847. Its about a year old, got it at 200 bux. Its probably my favorite deck I've had. Sony can suck my nuts! That deck broke because I was mobb'in and went over some train trax, after that, the deck never played cd's correctly (I think it was because my suspension is kinda stiff, lol :wink: ). POS got swapped. My old Alpine was very nice too. Wish I didnt trade it for the sony deck with my dad, I bet he knew it was on its last leg. Anyways, I had to buy a new motor mount, because the one that was originally on the car is missing (dunno if it even came with it!) and the water pump is coming. Cant wait. I guess a couple weeks MAX. I've got to take out the AC next week when I get my next day off.
    You sound exactly like my friend over there, He had an old Sont POS on his 92 Civic..........When I was up there last year, we all went out to Car Toys shopping for Decks, he wanted a Pioneer, I told him to go Alpine, and we ended up with a 9847 too, not the best looking or performing Alpine, but REAL good for the price (My 9855 at the time was soo much better but I DID pay about double the 9847 for it so I wasnt saying anything, and an extra double for my S634 but that changer is SOOO worth it, 1 touch disc swapping, danger eliminated, crystal clarity over the deck and for some reason it reads some MP3 tags that the 9855 cant), he paid like 175 +tax for his, we (Actually I) installed it when we got back to his place, The Sony's mounting sleve was SOO FUBARed that we had to rip apart the entire center console to get the MF out, because with the sleve in place I could only get the deck half way out.......... So all in all Sony IN HOME, the BEST....Sony in Car, Dont even get me started........The onlyh one IMO thats good in home and in car is Infinity, and Polk isnt too bad either (but both only make speakers)

Yeah the mark-up is ridiculous on some things at ANY retail store really....interesting part of that harness is that he said that that also kinda paid for the Root Beer he came out with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for some strange reason my AC is being dumb and strange.......on a hot afternoon I remote start it to cool it down, I get in 5 minutes later still HOT AS H**L then I can only feel the air with my hand ON THE VENT, My climate control system display was all correct, but it didnt work............so I think im out of Freon.......buy some, go home and wait for my dad cuz he wanted to do his too.............Later on IT WORKS perfectly cold AC like it used to be, Dad gets back we check the level.......and its PERFECT, we check on his car and its got too much pressure!!!!!