Default Set off radar detectors 4 fun

There used to be a device about the size of a garage door opener that they used to sell in the joke section of Spencers gifts, that when pressed would set off radar detectors....anyone seen one of these lately or know where to find one? :?:

Speedtrap Crasher

not that I approve of that kind of thing but I think a baseball radar gun would have the effect your looking for.
    If it doesn't I'm sure someone here will correct me.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Advanced Member

Although it might be "fun" to you, most of the people on here would not take too kindly to being messed with in such a manner So, think twice before messing with people...

The unit you speak of is probably the "Highway Zapper" which was made by Electronic Rainbow. The FCC forced them to stop making it. Surprising that Spencer Gifts would ever sell something like that though. If you really want one, maybe keep an eye on the auction sites.

There are alternatives out there, you might be able to order a "Target RLT 500" tester from overseas. But it will cost a lot of $$$ and isn't really worth it. Best just to buy a cheap Bushnell radar gun somewhere.

Speedtrap Crasher

I cannot stress how much this is a terrible idea.

However I think it's funny that we keep coming up with solution to it.

which reminds me of an idiot that used to race a Buick GNX back in the early 90s. He had some kind of cheap X band radar gun in his car he would pull out and blast opponents with while they were racing.

Had the vanity plate BD NWZ so you know who you are cuz so did everyone else that was sitting in they're car with an RD going.

I think street racing is pretty stupid but I still thought it was a lame thing to do.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Speed Demon

Default Re: Set off radar detectors 4 fun

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun_jax
    There used to be a device about the size of a garage door opener that they used to sell in the joke section of Spencers gifts, that when pressed would set off radar detectors....anyone seen one of these lately or know where to find one? :?:
    Cell phone jammer. :roll:

Radar Fanatic

idk, i only see humor in it..even if i was being screwed with id still have a sense of humor about it and think that that person is cool cause they have a radar gun and probably a detector too

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by richardboy316
    idk, i only see humor in it..even if i was being screwed with id still have a sense of humor about it and think that that person is cool cause they have a radar gun and probably a detector too
    Many people don't find such humor in that... to be honest it only would take one person who doesnt find humor in it... to make it so you can never pull such a stunt again, so remember that.