6 35.29%
  • Toyota Corolla LE ($19,000)

2 11.76%
  • Nissan Sentra 2.0SL ($19,300)

9 52.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Power User

Default Buying a new car............ opinions wanted

Alright, if you know my posts you know that my Brother's Celica is a breaking POS............ he finally decided for a NEW CAR, Dad said that after that he's never buying another car off a dealership used lot, certified or not

We narowed it down to these 3:

Honda Civic LX Coupe, Equiped the way we want it: $18,500

Pros: Its a Civic, Cheapest (Not by much), alot of Safety features standard, EBD (Electronic Brake distribution)

Cons: CLoth seats

Toyota Corolla LE Sedan, Equipped the way we want it: $19,000

Pros: most MPG (Barely)

Cons: a bit more money, Cloth Seats

Nissan Sentra 2.0SL, Equipped the way we want it: $19,300

Pros: the CVT, most power, Smart Key, EBD, Bluetooth, Security system, Leather seats, and much more

Cons: least efficient (not by much), most expensive (Not by much)

I'm telling him to go with the Nissan, although I never thought id pick a NIssan over a Honda, I am now

Professional

i'm not typically a japanese car fan but i think nissan has done a good job with performance and cost. i love hondas just because they are bulletproof but i'm not a big fan at all of toyotas or lexus

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by xrs9430
    i'm not typically a japanese car fan but i think nissan has done a good job with performance and cost. i love hondas just because they are bulletproof but i'm not a big fan at all of toyotas or lexus
    well see if its American our Dad would probably disown him and cut off the financial aid he's giving my brother for this car..... and if its European, he'd say NO, thats too much

I hear ya on the Hondas, mine has pulled me out of 3 wreaks (1 of which you can blame me for) alive and kickin

Radar Fanatic

Looking at the list you made it seems like the sentra is the way to go, look at all those options. Personally I hate the look of the sentras since the 94ish body style. Go Nissan.

Lead Foot

Those choices all suck so I'll chose the honda since it's the cheapest.

Radar Fanatic

I say Nissan...

how about Korean and German?

for that price try a base model hyundai sonata...100,000/10yr warranty, cant go wrong

or how about the base model VW rabbit 4 door or Jetta

just a suggestion

Radar Fanatic

Having driven both a recent Nissan Sentra and a recent Toyota Corolla (both 2004's) I can say that they are pretty similar. The steering in the corolla was somewhat more power assisted (don't like that). The Nissan was a little more on the noisy side, but the one I drove had the 1.8, so it may no longer apply with the 2.0. I'd really say it's nearly a tie between the nissan and the toyota. Many people that I know who own Nissan love them, and i'm completely happy with my toyota. Either way, you really can't go wrong.

Good Citizen

because its ur family, how could u look at toyota? haha as much as i love them they dont seem to work for u guys. that nissan is lookin nice. how much more are altimas or maximas? i really dont know about nissan but they look nice

Professional

New Maximas are going to be in the low-mid 30's.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Whytetygerwolf
    because its ur family, how could u look at toyota? haha as much as i love them they dont seem to work for u guys. that nissan is lookin nice. how much more are altimas or maximas? i really dont know about nissan but they look nice
    Dads Corolla is regarded as maintenance free by him basically and it still runs good, its just THIS Toyota that has issues for us

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    I say Nissan...

how about Korean and German?

for that price try a base model hyundai sonata...100,000/10yr warranty, cant go wrong

or how about the base model VW rabbit 4 door or Jetta

just a suggestion
    Germany sounds a bit more expensive than the Japanese models, sure you get more, but he's tring not to spend too much at this point......... and as for Korea, yes theyre decent, yes theyre CHEAP........ but the one thing that turns them off is this: Korea......... theyre afraid that the thing is going to break pretty fast, we looked at a few Kias while shopping for my car long ago (about 3 years past), and the thing was SOOOOOOO devoid of any luxuries we just walked away......... I want to actually drive one of those cars to see what its all about, but the customer service at that dealership wasnt too great, we walked around the lot for half an hour and NOBODY came to even greet us... and no there were plenty of people free