Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default just crashed my car

hit black ice going over a two lane highway overpass. went head on into the oncoming lane's guard rail, then bounced back into the other one. no other cars involved. going about 40 when it happened.

forgot to put my seatbelt on after getting gas. i hit my head on the driver's window and my chest on the steering wheel but neither really hurt.

luckily i still have my other MR2 to drive until this one is fixed, even though this one still drives perfectly fine. damage seems to be mostly cosmetic but i don't know for sure because i can't get my hood open. i'm hoping the strut tower isn't ****ed up.

Good Citizen

This is where awd would have helped.

Newcomer
    BugsBunny made a wrong turn here>Albuquerque

Glad to see you are ok, cars can be replaced.

Jim

Good Citizen

mannnn that blows. if u sell it let me know my friends lookin for mr2;s

Radar Fanatic

Shows how much a seat belt does in fact help. At 40 mph you could have ended up A LOT worse. Glad you're ok.

Radar Fanatic

Ffffffffffff.....ck man Glad your ok though. Like ottowatt said, cars can be fixed, but yourself........ :shock:
    RR

Power User

I've heard the SW20s were pretty unstable on "less than ideal" road surfaces, as it is (aparantly they fixed those problems in the ZZW30s), sux man, shame to see such a pretty car in that shape........... atleast youre still here and in 1 piece right

Lead Foot

thanks for the support guys. i think what i am going to do is take it to a couple body shops to see how extensive the damage is. if it's all cosmetic i will try to find used parts and get them painted, then install myself.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by JonMR2V1
    thanks for the support guys. i think what i am going to do is take it to a couple body shops to see how extensive the damage is. if it's all cosmetic i will try to find used parts and get them painted, then install myself.
    Looks like it, all I see is a new set of headlights, new set of bumper lamps, maybe a new hood (you could also hammer it down), really youre lucky that all the REAL important stuff is in the back

Good Citizen

nah that hood looks like its toast. tkae a lotta work to hammer it out straight.