Speed Demon

Default I almost got hit last night! :/

So last night I was going to BK to get some food and it was around 10:45 PM.

I was coming out the parking lot which has a double stop sign (see picture). I stop at one stop sign and then pull up to the other. I didn't see or hear anyone so I was gonna floor it just for fun to get back onto the road in my dads Volvo station wagon.

Just as I was about nosing my car out and about to go, a cop FLIES by doing like 55mph. I was like HOLY SH*T! He then goes to the far left lane (two lanes on either side) and passes a few cars and two red lights.

I was so pissed that he only had his lights on and not his siren. He would of t-boned me for sure if I was gonna pull out even without flooring it.

It surprised and shocked me.

The road by the yield sign is where the cop came from. That area usually has a good amount of traffic on it. I can't believe he got going that fast.

I wonder if the cop saw me lol. I was like on a blind corner (thats why you have to nose out).

When you pull up to the second stop sign, you can only see up to where the yield sign is.

Anyway... That's my story.

I'm 17 too.

Experienced

bummer... good thing you were lucky... and you always gotta love when the popos break traffic laws (not that this necessarily was one though)

Speed Demon

Yes. I was wondering who's fault it would of been if he hit me and how to prove it in court.

Radar Fanatic

Just because they are cops, doesn't mean they can drive well :shock: Take care :?
    RR

Experienced

Yes. I was wondering who's fault it would of been if he hit me and how to prove it in court.
    unfortunately it would have been your fault... they always win fault in those cases... whats crazy is like light rail mass transit cases... once there was a light rail/ambulance crash that was ruled in favor of the ambulance... both operated Mirt and collided... kinda crazy... like what are the chances of that

Lead Foot

Don't you know police officers are trained professional drivers? They have the vision and reflexes of an F1 driver. Not to mention they drive one of the best engineered cars of all time, the Crown Victoria. The car stops on a dime and corners like it's on rails. I'm sure he was in control of the car the whole time, he probably would've stopped if you had pulled out; but he knew you weren't going to pull out cause he saw you from 2 blocks before, and by his great judgement he knew you weren't going to pull out.

Sarcasm aside, good save on your part. It might've been disastrous had he hit you at that speed and that angle.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by nautica2o3
    Don't you know police officers are trained professional drivers? They have the vision and reflexes of an F1 driver. Not to mention they drive one of the best engineered cars of all time, the Crown Victoria. The car stops on a dime and corners like it's on rails.
    Really me too!!!*Insert sarcasm* :roll: Secondly the crown vic IMHO corners like $#*t and always had problems leaky seals, and bad transmissions... Torque converters on them are junk. They should have stayed with the caprice.