Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default '99 35th Anniversary Mustang

After Jim's post, I can't really post my stock Bird with any pride. Thanks Jim. :-(

Anyways...

I'm not one for Fords (I just don't like the way they look), but a friend of mine, Mike Konor, does all the work on his car and is part of the HP Racing here in El Paso. Here is a link to his Stang.

http://www.hpracing.net/mkonor.htm

Advanced Member

Default Re: '99 35th Anniversary Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by The Walt
    After Jim's post, I can't really post my stock Bird with any pride. Thanks Jim. :-(
    Sorry about that man ops:
    That's a very nice stang...

Power User

Anyways...

I'm not one for Fords (I just don't like the way they look), but a friend of mine, Mike Konor, does all the work on his car and is part of the HP Racing here in El Paso. Here is a link to his Stang.

Don't like the way they look :cry: your buddies pony is pretty nice for a v6

Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

There is something wrong here???

Best ET: 13.90 @ 105 (No Dyno Tune, Old Style Intake)

Dyno Graph: 425.03 RWHP/389.72 RWTQ

Gotta be a typo on the web page or????

With 425 RWHP that pony should do low 12 at least.

My lil ole SS has 317 RWHP and did 1/4 in 13.5 105 mph with this ole fart driving.

Was Ist Los...........

Professional

Is he doing the quarter with the top down? Also is it a manual trans? That will lose him a little time too. A convertible loses time and that would sound right. If it was a hardtop auto trans I would say it should do 12's

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Vette
    Is he doing the quarter with the top down? Also is it a manual trans? That will lose him a little time too. A convertible loses time and that would sound right. If it was a hardtop auto trans I would say it should do 12's
    My little Cabrio I've had up to 130 with the top up, no way could I do that with it down. The drag changes radically (not that 110 or so is out of the question). I have to wonder if the rag top adds drag as well, I suspect so. The car has an electronic governor at 130, so I don't know what it will really do. I suspect more. Sorry I guess I'm going a bit off topic. Just trying to reinforce the convertible statement.

Good Citizen

I have never seen anyone allowed to run with the top down at any track I have ever been to.

But I have not been to all.

Have fun

Good Citizen

An auotomatic Trans on the 1998 to 2002 F bodies ( Camaro Firebird ) had a drive line loss of almost 20%. The Manual Transmissions were under 15%. I am giving you this info only because I know it to be correct. The Mustang is probably similiar. My point is the automatic wastes power, 5% more than the manual. So, a properly driven Manual withe the same power and weight will be faster. And thats not even taking into consideration the inherent "gear ratio" advantage of the manual.

Sooooooooooo.......................

HAve fun

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by A 2000 SS in Jersey
    An auotomatic Trans on the 1998 to 2002 F bodies ( Camaro Firebird ) had a drive line loss of almost 20%. The Manual Transmissions were under 15%. I am giving you this info only because I know it to be correct. The Mustang is probably similiar. My point is the automatic wastes power, 5% more than the manual. So, a properly driven Manual withe the same power and weight will be faster. And thats not even taking into consideration the inherent "gear ratio" advantage of the manual.

Sooooooooooo.......................

HAve fun
    Don't some auto's have a torque converter lock?

Good Citizen

[/quote]

Don't some auto's have a torque converter lock?[/quote]

Yeah, and that I am not familiar with and dont know what the drive line loss would be. Maybe someone knows. I have never had an auto car..

But, even if that was the same as a manual, you still have the "gear ratio" advantage of a manual. Now, I am assuming a 4 speed auto vs a 6 speed manual. There are 5 and 6 speed autos on some hi end cars. But not mustangs.

have fun