Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dual - 12" Dual-Bandpass Subwoofer

Are these good?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138084656549
    My friend has that and just got better subs and now he has nothing to do with it so he's offering me $50 + some amp.

Would that be worth it? I currently have no subs. =/

And I'm not looking for anything super big as in like big brand names or the such.

Good Citizen

define "good"?

If you really don't know much about high quality, and want some subs just for the feel, I'd say go for it. Can't go wrong with 50 bucks for dual 12-inch in a box with an amp! It's definitely "worth it" but you also get what you pay for. A generic box like that will never have optimal output for your car, but I doubt the manufacturing is too horrible. Dual is known for their relatively cheap(price wise) yet pretty solid, middle-of-the-road quality.

Advanced Member

If you aren't looking for superior sound quality they are great....I had a pair of dual 10s in the back of my jeep for awhile until i built a box for my single jl

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

good? no. but if your just looking for a little bump, then for $50, w/ the amp, cant go wrong. although, if you take them outta the bandpass and put em in a reg sealed box, they will sound 10x better, trust me. i had 4 10" Duals for my first system, 2 of which came with the bandpass, then i switched to a reg box, and they were much better.

Power User

Yes a regular box made of MDF particle board would be far better!

Speed Demon

They are horrible. You get what you pay for though.

Power User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............. my buddy had one in his Thunderbird when I was last in it.......... I swear my Kappas hit harder...... on the decks internal power........ now theyve got 65 watts each.......... and a 10 inch Alpine in the back....... I'd outright kill him......... granted my deck alone is worth more than his entire system..... but still, its terrible

Radar Fanatic

I was at Best Buy the other day and they had a buy one get one on 12" and 10" dual voice coil Infinity's. My first Infinity was awesome, powered by only a 340W amp, the thing still sounded amazing and hit hard in my Jeep.

Right now I have a single voice coil Infinity powered by the same amp, not quite the same as the dual, but still nice. I am a BIG Infinity car audio fan.

I would try to stick away from Dual if at all possible, I have heard about them lying about amp and deck output. Plus IMO those subs and that box are fugly.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    I was at Best Buy the other day and they had a buy one get one on 12" and 10" dual voice coil Infinity's. My first Infinity was awesome, powered by only a 340W amp, the thing still sounded amazing and hit hard in my Jeep.

Right now I have a single voice coil Infinity powered by the same amp, not quite the same as the dual, but still nice. I am a BIG Infinity car audio fan.

I would try to stick away from Dual if at all possible, I have heard about them lying about amp and deck output. Plus IMO those subs and that box are fugly.
    Infinity is always good, Kappas all around, but the sub is Alpine, Infinity really takes alot of RMS power........... then again I suppose 300-ish watts should do it........ its doin it for the Alpine pretty well

Okay, I just lucked out. He said for me just to have him because he didn't care about them really and has his own subs. Now I'm just going to save up for some JLs probably, but since I'm stuck with the Dual's and don't plan on going JL in a bit because I'm going to save for some nice ones.

So the amplifier is already connected to the subwoofer, but how do I connect the amplifier to my car? What would all the wires I need be so I can go and buy them at radioshack or something. I think I plan on hooking up the amplifier to my stock stereo speakers in the back, but how would I do that?

So I think this is what I need, but make sure I'm right if possible.

Some sort of wiring for power.
    Some connection from amp to old speakers.

Is that basically it?

Gah, sorry. I'm new to this.