Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default ALMOST WRECKED FROM RACING

Aight, so im driving to school and me and this one guy are racing as fast as we can down this road. we going like 80 mph in a 40 mph zone and then we have to slow down cuz some other cars are up ahead. the guy racing me is behind me and some guy in a mustang Cobra is in front of me. the guy behind me is on my tail pretty closely, and im kind of on the cobra's tail in frotn of me. The cobra is such an A$$ hole he brakes really hard for a second, which scared the crap out of me and made me brake quickly. Then the guy behind me slams on his brakes hard and almost loses control and u hear this massive squelling from his brakes. i thought he was going to hit me it was so loud. i forgot to write down the cobras licence plate number so i could get revenge later tho lol jp.

Stealthcb

Street racing is . . . stupid. You're placing everyone else on the road around you in danger.

Take it to the track.

Edited for nice-ness. I'm trying to clean up my act.

Speedtrap Crasher

Default Re: ALMOST WRECKED FROM RACING

Quote Originally Posted by alias3rx
    Aight, so im driving to school and me and this one guy are racing as fast as we can down this road. we going like 80 mph in a 40 mph zone and then we have to slow down cuz some other cars are up ahead. the guy racing me is behind me and some guy in a mustang Cobra is in front of me. the guy behind me is on my tail pretty closely, and im kind of on the cobra's tail in frotn of me. The cobra is such an A$$ hole he brakes really hard for a second, which scared the crap out of me and made me brake quickly. Then the guy behind me slams on his brakes hard and almost loses control and u hear this massive squelling from his brakes. i thought he was going to hit me it was so loud. i forgot to write down the cobras licence plate number so i could get revenge later tho lol jp.
    No disrespect but I can't help but laugh at this post. Your racing twice the limit, tailgating one car while another tailgates you and you want to get revenge on the cobra because he scared you? Perhaps you should start taking the bus to school.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcb
    Take it to the track.
    +1.

Speed Demon

If you are going to add more data to the "survival of the fittest" theory, don't endanger other people.

Good Citizen

If you are going to race on the street, it must be at least a 45 area, 3 lane on each side and no pedestrians or other traffic..

I then allow myself to "gun it" from 0-PSL

Good Citizen

I have been in many street races. I don't typically indulge in such behavior in such an area or situation that could indanger myself or others. Usually it's on the highway late at night and pretty much just me and the other guy.
    I'd like to hit on a point that no one else will. What makes street racing so dangerous is when your car isn't fast enough. Why you ask? Because you have to stay in too long to get a victory and now you've created a dangerous situation. Actually let me retract. I said I "street race". Well actually I "street play". Because what usually happens is some unsuspecting 300c/Hemi or Charger Rt/Hemi, mustang Gt or whatever has no idea I have 400+ hp. I step on and leave them so fast it really isn't a race. I'm just toying. Eveyone who has a "Hemi" thinks they bought the crown to be King of The Road. I've got news for them. Even the modified ones, excluding highly modified hemi's ops: Now if it was something a little more in my league. I wouldn't do it. Not in the city. With my last car I have to admit, I probably endangered myself and others a couple of times. My car was fast but not fast enough to shut most people down with a quickness before speeds got too high. That's where your at right now. Get a faster car and until then stop playing on the streets. Because that is dangerous.

Flex

Lead Foot
    Austin, Texas/ Greenville, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    Perhaps you should start taking the bus to school.
    he keeps it up like this and he will only be so lucky to have the bus as an option...

street racing even at night and even on the highway is dangerous. Case in point Im driving in houston in my dads 323i doing about 85-90 on I-10 at or around 12:30am and at about the point I hear the flowmasters an F-150 lightning and some Sti or EVO type car blow my doors off doing at least 130 and other than the two or three cars ahead I was using as rabbits and myself there was not a single other car on the road and I kid you not I had my hand on the turn signal and was a a few seconds from changing lanes. I really have no tollerance for people who endanger others doing that sh*t. Wow, maybe my friends werent lying when they said I was getting old :roll:

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan
    street racing even at night and even on the highway is dangerous. Case in point Im driving in houston in my dads 323i doing about 85-90 on I-10 at or around 12:30am and at about the point I hear the flowmasters an F-150 lightning and some Sti or EVO type car blow my doors off doing at least 130 and other than the two or three cars ahead I was using as rabbits and myself there was not a single other car on the road and I kid you not I had my hand on the turn signal and was a a few seconds from changing lanes. I really have no tollerance for people who endanger others doing that sh*t. Wow, maybe my friends werent lying when they said I was getting old :roll:
    Exactly - there are too many variables. Even if the drivers engaging in the street race were at the top of their game *and* their equipment is tip-top, there's still always the risk of the unknown, the simple unpredictability of the other drivers.

At a sanctioned event, all parties have acknowledged the risks. On a random "street race," there's just way too many INNOCENT people that could get hurt.

How would you ( not you, TheTexan - I'm using the word here as a collective ) feel if, for a reason outside of your control (i.e. road debris), you wrecked your car into a minivan full of kids? There's simply no way to account for all of the other drivers out there sharing the road with you.

At the very least, "illegally street race" in a responsible manner that shows you're a professional street racer. Find a deserted stretch of roadway, have spotters at both ends coordinated by either radio or cell.

At least this way, even if you wrecked into each other, no-one else - no INNOCENTS - will be hurt.

Or at the very, very least, PLEASE consider "shutting down" well before you come abreast any other motorists, and not starting your pulls until you're well clear of traffic. At least this way, those in front of you won't be at risk, and those behind you will have some time to react should something horrible go awry. And of course, please think twice before engaging in such behavior on crowded city streets or in residential neighborhoods, due to the risk of both pedestrians as well as the potential of wrecking into parking lots and even occupied buildings.

I'm not saying these things to sound high-and-mighty. I'm only human, and in my younger days, the thrill of such street-races did both capture my fancy as well as drive me to some really, really stupid behavior. Luckily, neither myself nor those I ran with/against were ever injured, nor did I ever cause any injury to innocent bystanders.

I was also lucky to finally have someone sit me down and illustrate the true potential danger that I exposed innocent people to - and made me realize that there are consequences to be had that are outside of what may either happen to just myself or the other racer.

So I'm passing-on this advice, and hope that at least someone else will also see the light, and realize the seriousness of their actions.

Good Citizen

Texan and Tsi,

You guys are %100 right. I agree with you. We all share the road together. I think you guys are misunderstanding me though. I'm talking about quick shut downs and that's it. one one-thousand, two one-thousand... done, I'm two car lengths ahead and driving the speed limit again. I have never blown by anyone driving fast. When I say late at night and no one else that's what I mean. I would slow down if I saw any car infront of me if for nothing else, it might be a cop, and I love my clean driving record and low insurance more than showing off. I mean in a sense, we're all guilty. Most of us say it's okay to drive over the limit and someone else would say "Hey, it's against the law". So let's not nit pick. You should always be concerned for others safety and Alias3x was not. But I think the reason he posted this here is because he realized it was stupid. Afterall, the thread is called "Almost Wrecked from racing". We all agree that is a dumb way to wreck.

Flex