Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey TSi+WRX

Speed Demon

Default Hey TSi+WRX

Tried this Legacy out yesterday.

http://www.autobase.co.nz/vehicledet...icle_id=325829

It's the Spec B version with the Bilstein's and sundry chassis mods and it handled brilliantly. Wouldn't have to fiddle with the sway bars on this one

We still get the JDM 2.0l turbo with 206Kw/275HP.

Old Timer

Nice! 8)

I remain ever so jealous of y'all's front and rear bumper specs (to say nothing at all of the drivetrain options that y'all manage to get over there!) - it makes the vehicle look so much more sporty and coherent.

Our "longer" USDM bumpers makes for a "chubbier" look.

Is that a trailer-hitch I spy on the back?

The car's got darned low mileage for an '03 - but the trailer hitch suggests somewhat heavier-than-usual use, at least with vehicles in America.

What's your opinion on that?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX
    Is that a trailer-hitch I spy on the back?

The car's got darned low mileage for an '03 - but the trailer hitch suggests somewhat heavier-than-usual use, at least with vehicles in America.

What's your opinion on that?
    Good point I hadn't considered that. I'll double check the clutch... not that we do anything on the scale that you'd be used to in the States trailer wise Still a horse float or boat can be pretty heavy. Who'd put a trailer behind that? :?

It's an '03 model first registered in '04

I always get my cars checked out before purchase by an independant surveyor.

Old Timer

^ Cool beans - I just wanted to make sure that you're getting a tip-top find. Glad to be of-assistance, and I hope all goes well with your pending purchase!

We do have some here, Stateside, who trailer with their LGTs, but more than likely, those who do also typically require a bit more room, and opt for the wagon models.

Do your models come with a pre-turbo cat, in the UP?

Trailering typically leads to slightly higher than average EGTs, and I'd have some concern about the potential for early pre-cat deterioriation.....but I'm not sure if your vehicles use a pre-cat?

Speed Demon

Trailering typically leads to slightly higher than average EGTs, and I'd have some concern about the potential for early pre-cat deterioriation.....but I'm not sure if your vehicles use a pre-cat?
    I have a cat... her name is Maisey... other than that I have no idea WTF you're talking about Sorry outta my depth.

Power User

USDM is the step chond of JDM and EDM, we all get the hand-me downs since we arent RHD :cry:

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed

I have a cat... her name is Maisey... other than that I have no idea WTF you're talking about Sorry outta my depth.

I have three cats, Mickey, Orca, Shylie. They catch mice but not much good for carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and unburned hydrocarbons.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Power User

dude, in other parts of the world cars sometimes dont come with cats....... here in america its g@y in that all cars need cats, regardless of how clean the engine is on its own, I mean even so a civic with no cats is still 10000000000 times better than a gas guzzling air polluting Hummer..... dumb American cars

ANYWAYS.............. for those who doint know:

Cat = Catalytic converter... a thing that goes on your exhaust system to help clean up the emmisions (althoug it is said that most newer cars DONT NEED THEM)

EGT = Exhaust Gas Temperature

UP........... Ive got no idea, forced induction still gets me......... now an N/A thats where i'm at

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    dude, in other parts of the world cars sometimes dont come with cats....... here in america its g@y in that all cars need cats, regardless of how clean the engine is on its own, I mean even so a civic with no cats is still 10000000000 times better than a gas guzzling air polluting Hummer..... dumb American cars
    For carbon dioxide and water, sure. But for bad stuff, hell no. Honda was running a really cool stratified charge engine (in effect it had a small blob of very rich air:fuel mixture near the sparkplug and the rest of the cylinder was very lean) that allowed them to skimp under the regs without a catalyst until the 1980's but even then it's basically impossible to continue to slim down the emissions without one. Of course if we had the technology in engine management we do today, we could make engines that make better emissions control without a catalyst than some much older cars, but good luck getting Tier X or EuroX certifications without one

Of course there is issues with the EPA in the US today about lean-burn engines and the NOx-beating cats required to keep them clean, with urea injection. The EPA won't let you use that unless you have a way of disabling the car without urea in the tank, but no automaker wants to strand you on the side of the road because you ran out of piss

Power User

^^^ Yup, Euro Spec emissions killed one of my favorite Toyota engines, because Toyota had to spend too much to make that engine pass euro emissions that they just said screw it and scrapped the engine :cry: