Thread: Jetcar

Good Citizen

Default Jetcar

I thought this was pretty cool......

http://www.jetcar.de/

"After several years of in depth research and prototype construction we have succeeded in creating a high quality, yet efficient vehicle with a familiar technology. Its unique quality and fascination lies within a combination of a shapely design and convenience as well as cost efficiency."

Yoda of Radar

What's neat about this is that it takes the already old-news Smart car and puts it into a bodystyle that is a little bit more aesthetically correct and definately safer in an accident.

Still, it's really fugly.

And about the Smart, everyone loves it, but it costs noticeably more than a Civic or Cavalier for the base model, and the top speed is barely highway-worthy. It does get good gas milage and must be pretty neat to boot around downtown traffic with because it's so tiny...

Good Citizen

yea it is one ugly a$s car. it looks like something out of an old 40s movie depicting what cars would look like in the future.

Power User

hhaa every time i see one of those smart cars i just wanna either hug it or roll it over..hahaa

Yoda of Radar

I wanted to tip it over...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I wanted to tip it over...
    Funny you should say that, because a bunch of idiots from my school did exactly that. A girl I know, who had absolutely nothing to do with it, spent a couple nights in jail because the cops figured that she was an American in the same part of Athens so she must have been somehow involved. She got off but I think the others ended up being fined in the tens of thousands each.

Yoda of Radar

I remember being in my highschool auto-shop class...

We had this Hyundai Pony and they wanted to take the motor out. But our lifts were all broken or taken or something...

so me and a non-stoned friend of mine flipped that sucker over in the parking lot...

it was very funny and all, but I can definately tell you... I've never been able to pull an engine and transmission out of a car faster than a rusted-out flipped over Hyundai Pony.