Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    75

    Default BMW M3 vs The Police - This 15 year old sure can drive !


  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    sooo old and the video Lies that M3 got away from the police

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  3. #3
    Power User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Evergreen State
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    350 horse that's funny chipped those old lt1's arn't even making 300

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    sooo old and the video Lies that M3 got away from the police
    You don't except them to tell the truth do you? :-p

    Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    350 horse that's funny chipped those old lt1's arn't even making 300
    I know a guy who does the mods on the chp vehs here, it can be done. Personally have been out with him on a test and he modded out a corvette to do 225mph (according to the secondary display, which was a digital dsp)

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Evergreen State
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    225 come on now, a mclaren f1 over a million dollar supercar does 220 and this guy's vette does 225 well I think his speedometer was in kmph not mph.

    And a while back I rode in one of the WSP's old lt1 police interceptor camaro's basically the same ones every other State uses a chipped 350 with upgraded brake package and the hp is in the high 200 mark, not super impressive but they are defiantly faster the the old crown vic's!!

  6. #6
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    The footage of the car "breaking down" looks just like the same footage when he slams the brakes on.

  7. #7
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    143

    Default

    This is a reason police shouldn't give chase beyond a certain limits. You know if those cops had wrecked, the guy running would have been to blame.

    Chases are dangerous. Your risking lives to catch someone that doesn't have anything to lose. Is it worth risking all of those lives chasing after... a bank robber per se?

  8. #8
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    sooo old and the video Lies that M3 got away from the police
    So the M3 got away? That guy was doing some crazy driving.

    And yeah, the way the cops talked about the LT1 was great.

  9. #9
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    225 come on now, a mclaren f1 over a million dollar supercar does 220 and this guy's vette does 225 well I think his speedometer was in kmph not mph.

    And a while back I rode in one of the WSP's old lt1 police interceptor camaro's basically the same ones every other State uses a chipped 350 with upgraded brake package and the hp is in the high 200 mark, not super impressive but they are defiantly faster the the old crown vic's!!
    Modded Vettes can really go fast. For example, 230mi/h (nearly 400km/h!!) on Ligenfelter's 725hp versions of the old C5. http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_725.htm

  10. #10
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Yeah, whatever! Theoretically maybe, 230 for real? I doubt it. For every mile per hour more it takes more power than for the previous.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. IL - 14-year-old boy impersonates cop, police say
    By Lucky225 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 06:32 AM
  2. MD - Police vs 14 year old skater
    By Lucky225 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 10:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •