Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default [video] The Truth About Cop Cars [Motor Trend]

http://www.motortrend.com/av/feature...about_cop_cars

ALSO;
    http://www.motortrend.com/photo_gall...arison_gallery
    "Police Car Comparison: 2007 Dodge Charger vs 2007 Chevrolet Impala vs 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Photo Gallery
    "Do you feel lucky, punk? - Only a fool would try to outrun a police car. But, hey, that's what your friends at Motor Trend are for."

More links, too. Take your choice...

Newcomer

wheres the actual video of the test??

Radar Fanatic

Bwaahaha. The Evo had 8 seconds on the fastest cop car after one lap. Easy kill.

Against my better judgement, I've run from two Crown Vics in the canyons and lived to tell the tale. I easily got away both times, but it's a sick, nervous feeling having to wonder if there is another cop around the corner just waiting ...

-Obsidian-

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian
    Bwaahaha. The Evo had 8 seconds on the fastest cop car after one lap. Easy kill.

Against my better judgement, I've run from two Crown Vics in the canyons and lived to tell the tale. I easily got away both times, but it's a sick, nervous feeling having to wonder if there is another cop around the corner just waiting ...

-Obsidian-
    link to the evo clip? i couldnt find it for some reason ops:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RDM3

-Obsidian-
    The Evo is only briefly mentioned on page 3 of the article. The vids all seem to be with the Miata, probably because keeping up with the Evo on a road course would be impossible for those cars.

-Obsidian-

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by RDM3

-Obsidian-
    The Evo is only briefly mentioned on page 3 of the article. The vids all seem to be with the Miata, probably because keeping up with the Evo on a road course would be impossible for those cars.

-Obsidian-
    oh ok, yea i saw the miata one, but thought there was an evo one too.

the miata could have pulled alot more on him if he wasnt oversteering soo much. when he looses control, it caused the cop to pull up on him. :roll:

Speedtrap Crasher

One of my LEO friends is in a 05 Crown Vic and he says it is an absolute POS. He hates to run pursuit in that car because it's so ragged, the suspension is trash and the brakes work down to the floor just a couple of hours out of the garage. He's hoping for a Charger next exchange but DPS seems to be using V6 equipped Chargers. So perhaps not much of an improvement in performance. His private car is a Dodge Ram SRT which he says leads to moments of frustration.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    His private car is a Dodge Ram SRT which he says leads to moments of frustration.
    ^ Oh man, that would be putting it lightly......

He needs one of those Marauders. Or, we can just hope that his department will go crazy, and get the "Hemi"-equipped Chargers.

Radar Fanatic

-Obsidian-
    I know what your saying :shock: 10 points for having balls the size of watermelons :wink:
    RR

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRick

-Obsidian-
    I know what your saying :shock: 10 points for having balls the size of watermelons :wink:
    RR
    how do you ride a bike with those?? :shock:
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200