Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Passat wearing new shoes

Finally got them on late this afternoon

Before:

After:

Radar Fanatic

they look nice what rubber are you using?

Yoda of Radar

I agree they do look nice... a large improvement over the stock wheels if you ask me.

Radar Fanatic

thanks

it was a set i dunno what the tires are haha

ill look at it later

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    they look nice what rubber are you using?
    ^ Looks like the sidewalls read Fuzion - so that would be Bridgestone's Fuzion.

It's got a reputation for being "cheap," but honestly speaking, they're actually very highly regarded among those who are budget-minded, especially with the ZRi.

Their "bang-for-the-buck" performance, with the ZRi, especially, is actually very nice - the only complaints typically have been with hydroplane resistance at high speeds, but considering their cost as well as their initial tread-depth, that's honestly something that I think that those who must buy these tires due to budget constraints should simply "plan" for.

I currently have them on my Legacy as dedicated summer tires (in 225/40/18 fitment on 18 x 8 Prodrive PFF7s at +51 offset). They were "hand-me-downs" from a local STi owner (this particular STi just happens to have near 600 horsepower at the wheels, and this is on a notoriously pessimistic Mustang Dyno at that), and I honestly love them enough that they're among my final 4 choices for what I will replace them with this coming season.

-----

f_399 - Bruddah, that's awesome. 8) I'll be 100% honest with you, I "picked" the other rims on your poll - but I'm totally and completely glad that you got these instead. They look *awesome* on your ride.

If they are Fuzion ZRis and the tires are "brand new," please do be careful with them for the first 50 miles or so. All new tires utilize various surface "mold release compounds" so as to allow for the manufactured, complete, tire to break free from their molds - and they are thus "slippery" at the beginning. The ZRis are somewhat notorious for being quite slick until you burn off this initial layer of chemicals.

Aside from that, just be sure to check your tread-depth regularly. These start out at 9/32, I believe ( can't be completely sure on this, though ops: ), and are known to wear, unfortunatley, rather rapidly. They're not great at resisting high-speed hydroplaning to begin with, but as they approach critical wear-depth, they will become rather bad in this respect.

Other than that, inflated properly, they don't even have any trouble with us NE-Ohio's rather dreadful potholes.

Oh, and one final thing - the ZRis are true "summer" tires. When the temperatures drop much below 45 deg. F., they really start to give up grip rather rapidly (albeit progressively, so you should have plenty of warning). However, use them in true freezing conditions (especially with freezing precipitation - i.e. snow, freezing rain, etc.), and they'll truly have the stick of rocks....just don't do it, at the peril of both your vehicle as well as your life! :shock:

Radar Fanatic

thanks yeah fuzion

yeah these were offered in 19" the other wasnt

Old Timer

^ Hey bro.

Be sure to check-out my "ninja edit" on the post prior. I added some information regarding the ZRis.

Please know, though, that my only experience with the Fuzions have been with the ZRi - so my recommendations can only apply to that particular model. Check your sidewall to see if you have the HRi or ZRi.

Radar Fanatic

ZRi

Lead Foot

Wow, they set the car off nicely, looks very classy.

Old Timer

Nice, very nice. On some of the shots, it kinnda looks like a Beemer on rims.