Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speedtrap Crasher

Default Nice ride, classless driver.

Had a short run with a dropped Chevy S10 this afternoon. I was shocked how fast he was. He pulled right up next to me up to 110 before he shot out in front like a lightning bolt. If I wasn't impressed with that I certainly was when we hit a long curve and he dove into it around 90. My HUD showed .7 lateral Gs which is my personal limit for streeting. Dude had a strong ride and some strong skills since I could see his rear end starting to loosen up in at the apex but he held it together with style.

So when I pulled up next to him at a light to give him the thumbs up. He flipped me off. Well, that's Houston for ya. Nice little run though.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Experienced

was it black with a husky hispanic dude driving.

sounds like my friend's psudo uncle he has a black s10 w/ a massaged ls1 in it and hand controls as he's in a wheelchair

he'd flip a corvette owner off too

who am i kidding so would i

Advanced Member

a$$hole...You are the one with a C6 you should of been passing him or shot past him off the line after he flipped you off.

Take a performance driving class cause if point .7 is your limit You aren't using the vette to it's potential...Though it is good you hold yourself back

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    a$$hole...You are the one with a C6 you should of been passing him or shot past him off the line after he flipped you off.

Take a performance driving class cause if point .7 is your limit You aren't using the vette to it's potential...Though it is good you hold yourself back
    He said on the street. You never know when there will be a bump or pothole around the next corner, and at .7g those can be deadly.

People like that are just dousche bags, why cant they just take the thumbs up and leave it like that.

Professional

Default Re: Nice ride, classless driver.

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    He pulled right up next to me up to 110 before he shot out in front like a lightning bolt.
    Do you think he had NOS, a big block, or some other power adder?

Radar Fanatic

He probably dropped a chevy small block 350 and dual exhuast.. my stepfather did that and that thing could haul.........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gone

Lead Foot

Only an idiot would push his car to its limits on the street.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JonMR2V1

Agree. There is no point wrecking your pride and joy to prove a point mate. Sure that dude had a fast car and by the sounds of it, he knew how to drive it. Remember also, there is always someone faster :wink:
    RR

Lead Foot

Default Re: Nice ride, classless driver.

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    My HUD showed .7 lateral Gs which is my personal limit for streeting.
    Is the HUD stock in C6 Vettes? Got a pic? That would be awesome.

Old Timer

I agree witht the others - the C6 is a monster, and that most likely means that the S10 was massaged. I'm unfortunatley not well-versed in that breed, but it's my passing understanding that they do have quite the potential for being "modded to hell." :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRick
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMR2V1

Agree. There is no point wrecking your pride and joy to prove a point mate.
    ^ +1.

0.7 lateral would be just about as far as I was willing to go, too - even if I were "back of my hand closed eyes" familiar with the strip of pavement. There's just no way to account for the unaccountable when on-streets.

As for the flip-off:

I totally cannot fathom that one. And quite frankly, it makes me mad and sad at the same time.

I am a car-guy. When asked, I like to say that I'm Chinese by heritage/ancestry, American by choice, and that I've got gasoline and motor-oil in my veins. So I universally pay respects to my fellow gear-heads when they're due.

Sure, my personal tastes run towards sports-cars, sport-sedans, and has an "Import Sport/Tuner" bend, but I'll give a thumbs-up to a guy in a Big Chrome truck, a Classic Detroit domestic, or a Bently just as I would a fellow Subie or DSM tuner.

More and more, when I'm at gas-stations or highway rest-areas, I'll start chatting with the owner of another cool car, only to either get an outright brush-off or even face hostility. Whatever happened to "the brotherhood?"

-----

Speaking of cornering....

erickonphoenix, how are those Wide Ovals working out for you? As you know, I've been looking for replacement rubbers for my LGT, and I got to looking (again) at the tread pattern on my Fuzions the other day, and it seems to be very similar to yours. Must be the "Bridgestone Family" thing.

I'm still trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet and go with 245/35/18 F1 GS-D3s (hey, don't laugh at the tiny size of my tires - remember, I'm just a little four-door family sedan!) or Toyo T1-Rs of the same, or to "just" get either Hankook RS-2s or Kumho MXs in 225/40/18.

The latter two, by all reports, work *great* on my LGT, but aren't quite as stable in the high-speed, straight-line hydroplane scenario. They'd also give me a quarter-inch more sidewall for handling the potholes around here......

The former are more expensive - and I'm also honestly not sure I'd ever push my vehicle hard enough, especially in the wet, to justify the higher cost of those skins. Yet, thinking of having my baby-daughter in the car with me, I would like to have the extra "insurance" the Toyos or Goodyears would give me, even when I'm just driving in my usual, sedate manner.

:?:

Sorry for the hijack. ops: