Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Nitro???

Default Dodge Nitro???

Hey guys, I am thinking of buying one of these, anyone fgot one or know of anyone that has one?? whats the verdict?? they look good and seem to go ok... Im thinking of the red, but also considering silver or black, but the black is a solid and not mettallic.

Old Timer

I know this isn't constructive, but I think they are ugly as he**. :? Looks too much like the Chevy HHR, which in turn looks alot like the PT Cruiser, which also looks ugly.

They sell these in WA, or are you importing one?

Power User

I mean its a cool car... if youre into spending loads of cash to keep it running......... its hard to see anything out of like every other american car ive driven, and in the end its an SUV, not exactly my 'Sport' Coupe in the bends which is where I enjoy driving...... and have you actually sat down and taken a GOOD look at the thing........ its hideous

Yoda of Radar

That's a rebadged Jeep, right? Like a Liberty or a Patriot or something?

Professional

ya, i think that dodge/jeep make some of the most unreliable vehicles out there. and that is just ugly!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by xrs9430
    ya, i think that dodge/jeep make some of the most unreliable vehicles out there. and that is just ugly!
    I beg to differ. At least, not the Jeeps that I know well. The inline 4.0L motor they used are pratically bulletproof. They will usually outlast the body. It's not unusual for these things to hit the 300k mark on a regular basis.

That being said, I don't care for the nitro and it's about as far from a steath vehicle as you can get. You're just as easy of a target as I am with my Jeep

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJeff
    Quote Originally Posted by xrs9430
    I beg to differ. At least, not the Jeeps that I know well. The inline 4.0L motor they used are pratically bulletproof. They will usually outlast the body. It's not unusual for these things to hit the 300k mark on a regular basis.

That being said, I don't care for the nitro and it's about as far from a steath vehicle as you can get. You're just as easy of a target as I am with my Jeep
    i'm not saying ALL of the cars/trucks/jeeps they make are bad, i'm just saying from experience. my dad owns his own company, we had to have a "fleet" of five trucks for the company so we looked for bids and dodge came in the cheapest. within 1-2 years all of the trucks need extensive work. some of my family members have had other DC products and all had tons of issues. again from personal experience and imo, that is how i feel about the brands. but there is always an exception to the rule :wink:

Yoda of Radar

Reliability is overrated, do you really need to be anywhere?

In the USA you can get one of these for like $2 500 because the dealers can't move them "Pleeeeasse take it!"

edit

This truck is basically a Jeep Liberty (Jeep Cherokee) pumped with testosterone. So it can't be that bad...

Professional

Like Vato Said, I Know thiz Izn't Constructive, But u Couldn't Pay me 2 Drive that Thing...

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    This truck is basically a Jeep Liberty (Jeep Cherokee) pumped with testosterone. So it can't be that bad...
    Are the Liberty and the Cherokee built on the same platform?