Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Tail of The Dragon! TI 07

Wow...So if none of ya'll have heard anything about this road, its a section of US 129 that runs south Through TN and partly into NC.

318 Curves in just 11 miles! It is absolutly insane! http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

I drove from DFW, TX with two other cars like mine from http://www.Team-Integra.net/ for a total round trip of around 2,100 miles.
    There ended up being over 40 cars and 75+ people from that website alone for the weekend.

3 radar detectors (my V1, an X50, and some whistler) plus three two way radios was the only way to keep sane on a drive like that.

Ok on to the road. Besides TN state troopers finding out there would be 40 something imports there for the weekend and following us around waiting for us to screw up, and besides us having one trooper out front and one in back with 14 others along the road while we were trying to do a group video/picture run. It was absolutly awsome!

If you ride any kind of bike, or drive any kind of capable vehicle, you need to make a trip for this road at some point.

I dont have any pictures that will do the road justice, but there are TONS of professional photos online from people who sit along the road on weekends to check out if your bored.

Ok heres just a few group photos I was able to find that were decent quality, Its really hard to get 40+ cars into one photo, but we sure tried:

Heres a panoramic shot, again, getting a shot of 40+ cars in a row in a curved parking area is rather difficult.

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, Z1NONLY was telling us about this the other day...sounds like a LOT of fun.

Old Timer

Sure would be lots of fun in my car

Speedtrap Crasher

I had the WRX on that road. Very nice!

Awesome outing too.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Professional

Stang + Me On that Road = Guaranteed Wreck...

Radar Fanatic

ill be heading up there this fall. its not too far for me.

Lead Foot

They had an episode on Superbikes about it. Some guy was riding his motorcycle wearing a thong. I also read on either Motor Trend or Car and Driver that Michael Schumacher is known to ride there.

Professional

wow i would go but after reading about how there are no joke 20 LEO'S on the road like constantly and they enforce a 30mph speed limit i think ill hit up the track for some curves... :roll:

Lead Foot

Thats just recently on the high LEO count...TN got some funding increase and they are usually only there on weekends....On friday, I saw maybe 2-4 cops, saturday was when all 14 of them were out, but friday and saturday nights it was pretty empty...then sunday morning I saw one on the way out.

Professional

hey man were are you located in the DFW area. I myself am in the Plano area... got any pics of your car you could share.... Mods what not.

Sorry to thread jack but i get so curious about local peoples vehicles...