Lead Foot

:shock:

Wow! What a bold and unexpected move by GM to do this. I guess Ford kind of raised the bar when they came out with the GT which rivals/exceeds the performance of the exotics. This new Vette if not priced too ridiculously high could do very well. What I don't understand is why not just supercharge the new Z06 to begin with and price it just below the Viper. :twisted: This would allow the Corvette to regain its title as the best true stock American sports car with authority.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    :shock:
    This new Vette if not priced too ridiculously high could do very well. What I don't understand is why not just supercharge the new Z06 to begin with and price it just below the Viper. :twisted: This would allow the Corvette to regain its title as the best true stock American sports car with authority.
    Spied on the Nurbürgring, Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Eyewitnesses said the car sounds supercharged, confirming reports the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2006.
    Sounds about right! The current standard C6 will run very well with a Viper on the track, a Z06 will likely beat it really. This... you definately beat the Viper and have the paper bragging rights as well!

Advanced Member

Now there's a car with BALLS.......

Good Citizen

Very awesome, but I can guarantee it will never get built :cry:

Professional

Vettes has always been a little pricey, however 100k or possibly more is just nuts! I would just get a ferrari just because i could, if i could afford to pay that much on a car! Overall the vette looks awesome and no doubt will peform very awesome.

Good Citizen

The C6es are selling for $50k flat now. I almost bought one. I liked them more than mine. But not $30k more.

Good Citizen

vettes pricey? I don't think so. What kind of car can you buy for 40 grand that will beat the vette out and act as a daily driver, track, street...etc car? If you think the vette is pricey how do you come to the conclusion the 360 modena is a better value? The Z06 may not handle as well as the porsche or ferarri, but you are saving about 50 and 200 grand respecitvely. There is no way the corvette is pricey, and the blue devil is a steal at 100,000 turning lap times like the report said, considering the Ford GT is pushing 250,000.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    There is no way the corvette is pricey, and the blue devil is a steal at 100,000 turning lap times like the report said, considering the Ford GT is pushing 250,000.
    Assuming the dealers don't mark up the Blue Devil, that's true. By the time it's here, the Ford GT may be selling closer to it's 140,000 sticker. Some have gone for 170's recently.

Ed