Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeSS
    And look at the Ford Mustang! 300hp V8! WOW. Lexus has an IS350 with a 306hp V6 N/A and thats just as fast. Same with infiniti. 306hp N/A V6. That does 5.5 seconds to 60. With an AUTO!
    The VW/Audi 3.6 VR6 is also 300 horsepower with proper breathing, PLUS it's only about as big as a straight-4. I could conceivably cram it into my GLI

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeSS
    All i can say is, dirt roads will folk up your car (not SUV) if all you do is drive on them and thats the main road you go on.

SUVs keep you a little higher up and their tires are better suited for off-pavement work.
    Tell that to anybody who drives a Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    You got 318 horses at the wheels with a Sentra? Hot *BEEP*! :shock:
    Psh. Not difficult with all that displacement. Hell you can get 400+ out of our 1.8s without any major trouble, just takes a Garret GT30- type turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by xXCriticizeXx
    my tires worked pretty good when they had tread left on them... :wink:

Yeah, I miss having tread. My GS-D3s are getting pretty damn smooth. It's getting to the point where the road just has to be lightly sprinkled with rain and they're slipping all over the place. My poor traction control is working overtime.

Yoda of Radar

I hate trucks that roll up behind me at a stoplight and have their headlights levelled PERFECTLY with my mirrors. I can flip that switch on the rearview to dim it, but I'm still getting blinded from both side mirrors.

I hate Toyota Corollas. 99% of Corolla drivers cruise at 20 mph below the limit in the left lane and have ZERO situational awareness or visibility.

I hate Toyota Priuses. They have only ONE function...

-They aren't particularly clean (they're only like LEVs or something, not ULEVs or SULEVs or whatever the current highest emissions standard is), so a whole lot of normal cars, hell even some trucks, are cleaner.

-They don't have very good mileage...a nice Jetta TDI will get you waaay better mileage, and if you reprogram the ECU to raise the turbo boost, it only gets MORE mileage. Gotta love diesels.

-They don't save you any money...you pay $8000 extra for a hybrid engine. You'd have to drive laps around the planet to save enough money to make up for that.

-They're not good for the environment...in fact, both the production AND disposal of a Prius is INCREDIBLY toxic.

-A Toyota Prius is an EXCELLENT tool for helping a hippie tree hugger be even more of a stuck-up self-righteous dip****.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    I hate trucks that roll up behind me at a stoplight and have their headlights levelled PERFECTLY with my mirrors. I can flip that switch on the rearview to dim it, but I'm still getting blinded from both side mirrors.

I hate Toyota Corollas. 99% of Corolla drivers cruise at 20 mph below the limit in the left lane and have ZERO situational awareness or visibility.

I hate Toyota Priuses. They have only ONE function...

-They aren't particularly clean (they're only like LEVs or something, not ULEVs or SULEVs or whatever the current highest emissions standard is), so a whole lot of normal cars, hell even some trucks, are cleaner.

-They don't have very good mileage...a nice Jetta TDI will get you waaay better mileage, and if you reprogram the ECU to raise the turbo boost, it only gets MORE mileage. Gotta love diesels.

-They don't save you any money...you pay $8000 extra for a hybrid engine. You'd have to drive laps around the planet to save enough money to make up for that.

-They're not good for the environment...in fact, both the production AND disposal of a Prius is INCREDIBLY toxic.

-A Toyota Prius is an EXCELLENT tool for helping a hippie tree hugger be even more of a stuck-up self-righteous dip****.
    +1 +1 +1 +1 YOU ARE MY HERO!

WE HAVE THE SAME VIEWS OMFG BUT NOBODY EVER BELIEVES ME!

*shakes his hand*

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Try angling your side mirrors out a bit - it'll both help with distractions/discomfort from such traffic situations as well as in case of tail-gaters.

A side-benefit is that you won't have the traditional blind-spots (although you will still have blind-spots).

A big downfall, though, is that adjusted as-such, it usually makes parking a bit harder. If your mirror has more than one switched memory location, though, this would be a great use for such a convenience.

A different way to attack this same issue would be to get those stick-on blind-spot mirrors. Affix them at the inboard upper corner, and you will eliminate most of such glare issues, as well as give yourself an additional warning device for traditional mirror-setting blind spots. Aesthetically, though, this is a compromise.