Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Need Help with Sites for Toyota Prius being a pile

Im doing a 3 page paper thats due in a month on how the Toyota Prius is a pile and how hybrid cars arent the answer to our gas problems.

Anybody have a website with credibal information? lol

Advanced Member

Ummm just search for it. Hybrids alone aren't the answer, but driving an SUV is much worse.

I would be a great source unfortunately my time is limited.

BTWs there is no true answer for the gas crisis that is both economically feasible and environmental friendly. If there was I would have no trouble getting my senior research published

To be exact the Prius isn't a pile. Toyota's service of the prius makes it a pile

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

And the people that drive them.

And im getting 18mpg right now. Thats not to bad.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    BTWs there is no true answer for the gas crisis that is both economically feasible and environmental friendly. If there was I would have no trouble getting my senior research published
    There is a solution, it's just terribly unpopular:

Step 1: Build large numbers of nuclear power generators.
    Step 2: Use the now abundant electrical power to hydrolyze large amounts of water into liquid hydrogen.
    Step 3: Optimize all new engines for liquid hydrogen instead of liquid gasoline. Old engines will function on hydrogen, just not as well as the new ones.
    OPTIONAL STEP 4: Build some integral fast reactors to consume all of the nuclear waste while creating YET MORE power. We should be doing this anyway, but as long as we're building more reactors, this would be a good time.

This also ends the irrelevant whining about carbon dioxide. Of course, in order to complete Step 1, we've already been forced to kill the hippies and tree huggers, so I'm not sure who would be left to whine, but that's beside the point...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    There is a solution, it's just terribly unpopular:

Step 1: Build large numbers of nuclear power generators.
    Step 2: Use the now abundant electrical power to hydrolyze large amounts of water into liquid hydrogen.
    Step 3: Optimize all new engines for liquid hydrogen instead of liquid gasoline. Old engines will function on hydrogen, just not as well as the new ones.
    OPTIONAL STEP 4: Build some integral fast reactors to consume all of the nuclear waste while creating YET MORE power. We should be doing this anyway, but as long as we're building more reactors, this would be a good time.

This also ends the irrelevant whining about carbon dioxide. Of course, in order to complete Step 1, we've already been forced to kill the hippies and tree huggers, so I'm not sure who would be left to whine, but that's beside the point...
    Actually that is not economically friendly as well. The cost and use of nuclear power isn't the best...Heck it cause about the same cents per KWHR as wind power does to produce. Also 20-25 years of operations isn't the best. Clean coal is the future unfortunately "clean coal" is a bit of an oxymoron

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Do you guys know of ANY sites to prove the Prius isnt the answer?

Power User

Prius

Radar Fanatic

No the Prius is not the answer to the worlds need for an alternitave fuel. But it is a step in the right direction. Lets face it, there is only X amount of oil in the planet, and one day we will use the last drop. Should we continue to believe that this day will never come, or to think that it will not happen within our life times so we dont really have to worry about it? No we need to be moving forward, we need to be "weening" oil, and we may have to do it sooner rather than later.

I am far from Hippie, or Tree Hugger. I love my American lifestyle, and I love my gas driven cars. But to be honest it will not stay the way it is forever. We need to take action, on way or another and we need to do it soon. Who knows how long we will have oil, who knows how long we will have gas prices as low as they are. Can you immagine $15 a gallon prices when there is no more oil? Will you still be driving your 18MPG TB to school? We b!tch about $3 a gallon, and in reality it is VERY cheap compared to a lot of other places around the world.

Can you imagine how much other stuff would cost? How much would Florida Orange Juice cost when Diesel prices are $20 a gallon, or anything not made here in our home state that needs to be trucked, trained or planed out here?

The truth is action must be taken and IMO it must be taken sooner rather than later. Just because you dont like them(Prius) does not mean that they are a "pile". Just accept the fact that some people realize something that you and many others are choosing to ignore.

Power User

to answer your question, NO.... youll never find a site out there thatll try to disprove the Hybrids....... simply because hybrids are "Great little energy saving save the world cars"...... everybody with money has one...... and ill admit im thinking I want a hybrid. the Lexus GS450h...... simply because... its faster than the petrol versions :twisted:

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    and ill admit im thinking I want a hybrid. the Lexus GS450h...... simply because... its faster than the petrol versions :twisted:
    That is the problem auto makers have. they are using hybrid technology as a way to make their cars faster but there is minimumal increases in MPGs

Scanner-RS Pro-96